Fred's 40Breeder SPS dominated mixed Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BEAU_RN

Hi to all RF members!

Finally managed to take time and upload some pics of my tank. Sorry for the poor quality, but I was rushing lol. Initially started in spring 2012 and currently planning my 125 or 180 gallon upgrade since this tank is close to overloaded. It's had its ups and downs in the beginning, but this year things are finally taking off and all parameters are steadily within normal parameters the last 13 months. Cheers to all Reefers and this incredible addiction!!!
:cool::wave::music::clap2:

FILTRATION
60lbs LR
Red Sea Protein skimmer
4" DSB in sump/fuge
Phosban Reactor
Chemi-pure Elite
Tons of Macro (Cheato, Caulerpa Prolifera & Caulerpa Mexicana)
CPR bak-pak HOB (*No skimmer, used only for copepods & sponges*)

PARAMETERS
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0
Phosphate - 0
Magnesium - 1340ppm
Alkalinity - 10.4 dKH
Calcium - 440ppm
pH - 8.12
SG - 1.024
Temp - 76.6F

Attachments

• Fred's Iphone 5 pics & Vids Nov 2103 924.jpg
    Fred's Iphone 5 pics & Vids Nov 2103 924.jpg
    71.6 KB
  • Fred's Iphone 5 pics & Vids Nov 2103 930.jpg
    Fred's Iphone 5 pics & Vids Nov 2103 930.jpg
    88 KB
  • Fred's Iphone 5 pics & Vids Nov 2103 927.jpg
    Fred's Iphone 5 pics & Vids Nov 2103 927.jpg
    90.7 KB
  • Fred's Iphone 5 pics & Vids Nov 2103 928.jpg
    Fred's Iphone 5 pics & Vids Nov 2103 928.jpg
    87.6 KB
  • Fred's Iphone 5 pics & Vids Nov 2103 929.jpg
    Fred's Iphone 5 pics & Vids Nov 2103 929.jpg
    67.7 KB
Looking good Fred, still think you need more zoas in there!!!

Javier

Well i know who to visit if I ever feel the need for more zoas right Javi... Actually thinkin of thinning out the green common zoas which i think is called dragon eyes since it taking over lol

Beautiful tank. I am starting a 40B myself and I hope that one day it looks that good. What other fish do you have in there besides the 2 clowns?

Beautiful tank. I am starting a 40B myself and I hope that one day it looks that good. What other fish do you have in there besides the 2 clowns?

Thanks! It took a while and lots of $$$ of course to overfill this decent sized reef tank. I've also got 3 sapphire damsels, 1 neon dottyback, and 1 green mandarin. I'd be careful with adding a mandarin to a 40B since it can be difficult to keep without always adding pods, but my sump/fuge and HOB fuge resolves that issue and I haven't had to add pods since the beginning when I seeded the tank. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to help.

Very nice tank cant wait to see what it looks like when it grows out even more

Yea. Now comes the tough part... just waiting for grow out of all pieces since some sps are just so darn slow to grow lol. In the meantime, I'm upgrading equipment as my budget allow its. Thanks!

Back