Frogspawn and Hammer coral

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

peterdinh

I was just wondering about these stinging corals. I have a 20 gallon tank with mushrooms, polyps, xenia, and zoanthids, 2 clowns, and a goby. Will these stinging corals hurt my existing corals?

If it contacts them it probably will, I had to separate my frogspawn (I believe hammers are basically the same in the respect), it was frying some sps and zoa's, if you can place it away from your other critters it would be ok, your clowns will likely take up residence in it, but in a 20 your options there are probably limited...

Keep everything outside the reach of there sweepers. My frogspawn can extend out about three inches.

my frogspawn doesn't/never really has extended out its sweepers, the only time mine's hurt anything is when it fell on my acan lord, the frogspawn retracted for a few days and the acan lost a bit of tissue but not polyps died, luckily

Probably opposite

A better choice would be a hammer coral,as it will be more likely to addapt to the toxisity of the rest of your livestock,in such a small tank.place it underneath a power head so flo is over it not at it,and feed well.

I had my frogspawn strectch out in about a 8" radius sweeping for anything in its way! knocked out a few mushrooms and made my rbta move to a new home!!!

I have a question...I have a 29 gal aquapod that has a frogspawn and hammer coral in it. We have them at opposite ends of the tank and they are pretty much on their own in regards to space around them. My question is will they only grow to the size of the tank? We have had them for about 2 months and they don't get any bigger....they don't get smaller either....just stay the same size.

i've had my frogspawn in a pretty small space for the last 6+ months and it's grown a few heads and a bunch of small ones that are going to be big i think, i might have to start fragging it soon

Back