frogspawn frag??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

leesanhua

i have only 15 gal tank and the frogspawn is getting bigger and bigger.
i would like to frag it and give to my friend.
how do i frag it?

simply clip t where it branches ot like a tree. do not take out of water for this.

Wire cutters or dikes will probably work well.

Pick a spot that will make a nice frag and still leave you with a nice looking piece. Clip it off with the wire cutters and you have a frag for your friend.

Ahh.... Make sure and rinse the wire cutters really, really well or they will rust from being in the salt water.

Have fun.

Candy

do i just use the super glue gel and glue it on another rock?

where should i clip it? i mean can i do it in the tank? or?

you can use super glue, or underwater epoxy putty or even dental cement which is even stronger

of note - make sure it is the branching type of frogspawn. If it grows in one continuous piece then fragging it is very different than if it grows in branches.

And be careful not to bump the polyp end against anything. Don't let it fall either when trying out where you want to place it. I have had very bad luck with any damage getting brown jelly and killing the entire frag within just a couple of days.

I reach into my tank, and do the cutting there. My feelings are, its going thru enough stress... pulling it out into the air would only add to that. Hope that helps.

bc_slc said:
of note - make sure it is the branching type of frogspawn. If it grows in one continuous piece then fragging it is very different than if it grows in branches.

how to tell whether it is branching type and continuos type?

Back