Frusterated! And tired of trying!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Eric, dont quit... how about scaling it down? maybe its too big for now...too many factors going on... why not go basic again... keeping it small and simple and then scale it back again slowly.

You have the most impressive system i have ever seen. And I know you can do it.

Hang in there Eric.

I really don't know that much about your situation but from what i've read maybe hiring someone to do maintenance like mojo stated and maybe letting them keep what grows in a frag tank as thers to sell or whatever might work out well wish you lived in or very near to bothell I'm sure I could get a helper .
Sidenote I've been unable to see forking out the amount required for a lumenarc reflector I'v bid and been out bid many times this time finally I won at $28 plus $18 shipping and it's in mint condition. Sompthing hopefully will work out for you eventually as that did for me . "God I want patentience and I want it NOW !!! Ha Ha Good Luck wish you well :)
Paul

Thank you all for your encouragement!!

Thank you all for the boost! I'm really touched! "Really"! Im going to give it another shot! So again, Thank you for all of your kind words. I really appreciate it. So I talked to Fragman and Mike O! Going to start over again with the basics. I am going on vacation on the 20th of December to Jan 5th.

Paul Hamby is going to pull out the rock and the corals. We are going back to a sand bed and a few other basic stuff. We are also going to change the lighting system to a less complex system. If anyone would like to help him out please get with him on this project. I am going to pay him for the project as I need a break with my family. I trust his ability to work on my tank. If anyone would like to help during that time please get a hold of him on his cell phone! Im sure he would appreciate the help. We are going to get this beast back to the days of glory like my 325 was. Do you image a tank like DANG'S but 5 time the size!! It would be amazing! I will be selling a few peices of equipment and will let you all know what they are. Again, thank you all for the encouragement. Happy Holidays everyone. And have a happy Thanksgiving.

P.S. If anyone want any salsa for the holidays for partys or such come on down and I will donate to your cause! lol

P.S.S I also have glue available for $4.50 a tube. Have plenty! So come on down and get some salsa and glue.

Talk to you all soon! Eric "SalsaKing"

Wooooo man that was a scary thought! I am glad you are sticking with it! You getting out of the hobby is like watching a reef die!

Way to go! That's the spirit...Like I said, "Just take a breather". It always works for me. I'm sure it will work out for ya. If it does for everyone else, why not you. Good luck on getting things back up and running. Hope you have great success...

Great Eric, that sounds like an excellent plan. I have no doubt Paul will have everything ship shape in no time.

please give credance to suggestion by shallowreef if it is broke it can be fixed.

Back on track!

Thank you everyone for your incouragement! Paul Hamby and myself are starting from scratch next week! The week of Feb 10th and 11th of Feb. New lights, sand, rocks, New calcium reactor. If anyone wants to observe or come down we will provide PIZZA And drinks. Ohh and salsa and chips to take home. Look forward to getting this back on track.

Thank you again everyone for your kind words.

And sorry for not getting back to this thread earlier.

Go S E A H A W K S!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great Superbowl weekend.

Eric ie: "Salsaking"

Salsa king , you half to remember being e reefer your next hurdle can be around the corner.And jumping over it only make's you stronger..Good luck with the new tank..I hope everything work's out great...At least you didn't pay someone to kill your corals...

Thank you!

Thak you! I have a few people coming on Saturday! Anyone for Friday?? That is the fun day. Paul and myself will be placing the rock on this day. It will be fun to create a spectacle for the 500 gallon. We are going to spend a good deal of time on this to make it look great.

Again, Thank you everyone.

Eric

Back