frustrated with wrasses

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

It would be unusual (not impossible) for two to be lost from parasites that aren't affecting the other fishes. It would very 'usual' for the two to be lost because of something their species could not handle either in the water or environment (tank mates).

It would be unusual (not impossible) for two to be lost from parasites that aren't affecting the other fishes. It would very 'usual' for the two to be lost because of something their species could not handle either in the water or environment (tank mates).
hi lee..i only have a pair of clowns and 2 chromis...for now im planning to just buy a wrasse from a fellow reefer(if i can find one):)

I have a melanarus wrasse and he does good. I have a 2inch sb and feed pe mysis and spectrum pellet once a day. He has never look thin. I saw you feed flake. Is that all your feeding the wrasses? Maybe it needs a more meaty dinner? Hope you have better luck in the future cause i love my wrasse.

i dont feed much as i only have 4 fish...i feed 2-3 times very heavy when i feed my lps,i feed a mix of mysis,rods food and cyclopeeze...twice a week i throw in a pinch of cycloopeze....i feed flakes everyday....i have a lot of amphipods,featherdusters and pods he can eat...i dont think it got starve because the vermiculate wrasse died the 3rd day,it wasnt thin...the yellow coris died the 3rd day too...he was tiny but not thin...
maybe my tank dont like wrasses:D

Back