• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FT: BRS Media reactor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkimHeavy

I have a bulk reef supply media reactor I would like to trade. I used it for carbon, but can also be used for GFO (phosphate removal media) and I think it can be used for bio-pellets.

I would like to trade this for coral frags. Let me know if you are interested.

As far as corals I'm interested in, just about anything as long as I don't already have it!

Here is a pic. I still need to clean it up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB
I will be willing to take $35 for the reactor, or still interested in a trade.

This reactor will cost you around $55 after shipping when buying from BRS.

Doesn't anyone need a reactor for some coral?
What's going on with this site! Lol
Seriously good guy to deal with go grab up a reactor

I don't need a reactor... but, if you might be going to the swap (no one I know is going to drive to Sumner for a reactor that's only 39 bucks new) I'll ask a couple folks. (no idea if I'd get bites, but I know I wouldn't if I were saying 'drive to Sumner', LOL) Also, whats with the 'non standard' mod to the output side? (original under the flex tube?)

And while I'm at it, do you know how to disconnect the freaking hoses? I've tried a few times, (only had mine a month or two) and usually just give up and change stuff out with them connected.

The value of the reactor is debatable. Yes they are 39 new, but if you place an order for one and it alone, shipping is close to 15 dollars. These have no moving parts, nor do they have any electronic components that may fail due to age. With that being said, $35 for something that costs $55 is reasonable in my opinion.

More importantly, a price was posted to give the reactor a trade value. Yes, it's worth a couple zoa polyps or a couple small SPS frags. No I am not looking for high end corals or colonies in trade.

I chose a barb fitting as I ran this off a T fitting from my return pump. It make far more sense to me, to change the fitting rather than try and adapt a 3/4 flex hose down to a 3/8 freezer line.

As far as disconnecting the line, try pushing the hose inward, and hold the inner ring down, then pull back on the hose while still holding the ring and it will come free.

I' don't think I will bring it to the frag swap, unless someone says they want it.

I was totally NOT whining about the price. Its not an unfair price, and didn't mean to make it sound that way. Its just not going to get the folks I was going to talk to to make the drive. (didn't mean to offend, probably could have worded it better, sorry about that)
Is barbed fitting glued in?
I'll ask, and if I get bites update you. I have at least one friend who might be interested, who would likely be able to time things out to meet you at the swap....

The part about it costing $55 bucks with shipping does mean we aren't doing enough group buys though :)

No offense taken :). I was just trying to validate my thinking. Thanks for the heads up on a potential buyer. The fitting is threaded in a completely reversible. No worries and no hard feelings.

Just wanted to update you. The two folks I had in mind had actually already picked up reactors. Sorry for the 'false lead'. (at least you get a free bump though, right? :) )

Darn! Anybody got an OBD sticker I could slap on this thing? It would be sold by tomorrow. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back