Full Shots Of My Tank & New Cabinet

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

vey very nice work.....

Thanks Bill!It's getting there man:0

Krish that is awesome! I love everything about your stand (and tank too) It looks really nice. That is a great way to disguise the chiller. You could plumb a seahorse tank to add with that setup and put it on the chiller stand lol. I'm getting obsessive with my little guys...

Thank you Becky! I wish I could have put a door on it to hide it, but I'd be looking for trouble:p You know about the sea-horses, I think that is the only way I could bring another tank in my house and my wife not cuss!(LOL) She wants me to get some for my tank, but I've got too much flow in there:p

Set up is looking good krish!!! When yu gonna get some corals for that beast?

Thanks James! Corals are the next step. I've finally gotten everything I need to keep corals like the chiller, dual 250W metal halides, water parameters are all in check and stable for a while now etc. If you click on my 75gal tank thread in my signature, you can see what all I've done since you've been gone:)

Krish, I may steal your idea because yesterday (before seeing your thread) I was trying to figure out how I could put a chiller on my tank w/o it looking really bad. :) That's a great way to hide it.

Couldn't you put a slotted type door if you really wanted a door? I don't know if I could convey what's in my mind, but sort of like what window shutters are like?

Also, what type of chiller are you running and how is the heat output on it?

another thread for the cabinet? :lol: ....... just joking dood.
I think you need to make another cabinet for Christina.... i like the plant with the candles :p :D .

Krish, I may steal your idea because yesterday (before seeing your thread) I was trying to figure out how I could put a chiller on my tank w/o it looking really bad. That's a great way to hide it.

Couldn't you put a slotted type door if you really wanted a door? I don't know if I could convey what's in my mind, but sort of like what window shutters are like?

Also, what type of chiller are you running and how is the heat output on it?

Yeah Becky, you could put a door with vents or slotted and maybe a small fan. The chiller is a Pacific coast 1/10 hp chiller and doesn't put out much heat at all IMO.How I have it set, it will only cut in every 20 minutes or so for less than 2 minutes at a time which isn't really all that long for it to create any noticeable heat. The room still feels the same as before:)

Looks great Krish. I saw it last night, just didnt have time to post. Its going to be awesome man.

Thanks Steve! Trying to be a carpenter like you:p

Last edited:
Duh! I could've read your Sig. :) I thought it was some type of Pacific Coast chiller. I think I'll need a chiller for my 90g with 2-250w HQI's....

Duh! I could've read your Sig. I thought it was some type of Pacific Coast chiller. I think I'll need a chiller for my 90g with 2-250w HQI's....

Yeah...Mine works great! :)

Last edited:
Nice stand!
Got to love the decorating sence of our spouses. Mine tried to put Chrismast soxs on my tank cabinet one year, needless to say there were there almost a full minute. LOL

Nice stand!
Got to love the decorating sence of our spouses. Mine tried to put Chrismast soxs on my tank cabinet one year, needless to say there were there almost a full minute. LOL

ROFL! Thanks! Yeah, my wife tried a few things before, but it wasn't happening (LOL) The best one was what she put on the cabinet first which I told her no way in hell!! It was a picture of my mother-in-law! :eek: My tank almost went through another cycle:lol:

you guys are lucky !!
i think i'm very simple with things :( for some reason i don't have a good simple taste like candles and a plant :( .

ROFL! Thanks! Yeah, my wife tried a few things before, but it wasn't happening (LOL) The best one was what she put on the cabinet first which I told her no way in hell!! It was a picture of my mother-in-law! My tank almost went through another cycle

LMBO!!! :lol: :lol:
ohh dood that's to much :lol: .... that's like giving you nightmares everytime you're trying to look at your tank.
I only have 1 picture of Dart Fader on our little sort of stand and it has a picture of my grandpa with me when i was 5 months right in front :lol: .... my husband think it's cute i have a picture of her in there.... little does he know that i'm trying to cover it :badgrin: :badgrin:

It was a picture of my mother-in-law! :eek: My tank almost went through another cycle:lol:[/QUOTE]

thats too funny! hey krish! dats a berry lobly plant stand mon, now win ya gonna git da cobinet dunn ?

nice setup.
Is you chiller plumbed in line with your return pump?
I have the same one and it cut my flow in 1/2.

thats too funny! hey krish! dats a berry lobly plant stand mon, now win ya gonna git da cobinet dunn

Sounds good to me:p You'll fit in nicely here. About the cabinet, it's done as far as doors or anything like that goes. I'm going to keep it open to allow it to breathe. Only other thing is a tank on top for frags etc. :D

Welcome to RF nccmike! About the chiller it is plumbed with a seperate pump that circulates it within my sump. here is a link to when I added it in. Hope you ejoy it here man:)

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12686&page=23

Gabbs, you still talking about this dark fader:lol:

Hi Krish, I don't think I posted here yet ;)

WELCOME TO REEF FRONTIERS!

oh, I meant to say, nice cabinet/stand :)

Best,
Ilham

Back