Gas prices Whats yours?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Big T. Mine with me being very careful since I knew this was coming. LOL (Blogger friend in La.) I got 15.1 mpg on the last tank. Thats hauling 528 lbs of water, and probley another 2-250 lbs in equiptment. Most of that was on the back roads and some hiways in ky. I filled it back up this morning at 3.09 and not quite 100$ and burned out almost all of the rear tank. Mine hauls a 17.5 foot bass tracker no problem and would do just fine with a bigger boat. It has the brake controller installed. I doubt I got that good today seeing as I was doing 85 LOL I have to go down to franklin ky now. I just came home to fill up my jugs again. It normally averages 14 I have had a low of 13 before spark plugs, rotor button, cap and new wires and fuel filter and aircleaner. Oh yeah and gas went down here to 2.89 this after noon. LOL
Steve

Well I filled mine up for the first time the other day so I will run it for a couple hundred miles and se how she does. My boat weights close to 4,000 w/ the trailer so I think that is going to hurt the mileage pretty good. I did tow it around the block and it seemed to handle it pretty well :D

big t said:
Well I filled mine up for the first time the other day so I will run it for a couple hundred miles and se how she does. My boat weights close to 4,000 w/ the trailer so I think that is going to hurt the mileage pretty good. I did tow it around the block and it seemed to handle it pretty well :D

Did you trade-in the black beast? :)

Don

It hit a $1.40 a liter here today. Dont want to know what that works out to in a US gal. This sucks.

MINIATUS :mad:

Min - if that's canadian $, then I think that works out to about $3.84/gallon here - could be more though. Don't quote me on that, I'm still trying to wake up my brain.

Our prices went down a bit, thank goodness. I noticed Wal-mart last night had regular $2.99/gal. Woohoo!

Nikki
That,s $4.90 Canadian or About $4.20 US. That sucks

MINIATUS :eek:

I know this is the politically incorrect to say in the US given we all love drive SUV's and trucks the size of semi trucks, but as far as I am concerned they should charge $10 per gallon to those driving SUV and trucks unless they are for work purposes ONLY! If you have a v-8 car, you should be charged $8 per gallon and for a 6 cyl car you should pay $6 per gallon. I would be the first one to be happy to give up that overpriced gas guzzler German box with wheels I drive!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love cars. I always have, and it is my second passion, but I would gladly give it up. We all have been living in an illusion in this country for too long and it is about time we come to reality.

Gas is up to $3.19 for regular here in FL. I would not be surprised at all if it is close or to $4 per gallon by the end of the year and close to $5 per gallon by the end of next year.

I'm sure gas will eventually back down some once we get these refineries back up and running, I know Chevron's is one of the worlds largest & we are working plans to get it going again, also the Eastern gulf alone our company has hundreds of well offline either due to damage or the pipeline ruptures. Good news the western gulf area had production wide open.

$2.99 for regular and $3.25 for premium at most gas stations in the Eastside. Sounds like we've got it lucky in Washington... it was almost $60 tho to fill up our town and country; I need to start taking the bus.

MINIATUS said:
Nikki

Woah - I was way off. Thanks Min!

dgasmd said:
I would be the first one to be happy to give up that overpriced gas guzzler German box with wheels I drive!!!!!

Yours is a gas guzzler? I never noticed that with ours, unless your overpriced German box is a different series. At least it gets better gas mileage than a Hummer. :)

My favorite is the tax incentive to buy a vehicle over 6000 lbs, If its for work or business great, but just to ride one person and a cell phone around I think its just wrong. I love my truck, I need my truck, it pays my bills, and lets me eat. I am seriously considering buying a ninga 250 for when I just need to take me, and nothing else somewhere. 2900$ for a brand new motorbike. 45-50 mpg

Initial reports are showing 6 drilling platforms missing in the Gulf, in addition to the one that got wedged under the bridge in Mobile.

On the plus side, some of the cranes on the Mississippi in NO are still standing, so the port there will probably re-open relativly soon.

I dunno, at least the rise has stabilized for today finally. If it doesn't go much higher than it is now for a year or so, I could live with that. That at least gives people time to adjust their lifestyles to the increased cost.

-Dylan

MINIATUS said:
Nikki

Actually the exchange rate makes Canadian $4.90 = US $4.12

But who's counting pennies?

Back