GBTA vs. Aquaclear 70

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

chady

Lost my Green Bubble Tip today :(. I had it about a week -- it was looking great, and last night it was roaming around (doing cartwheels) after I turned off the lights. Today it had gotten attached to the Aquaclear Powerfilter (not powerhead) 70 intake and when I got home from work the tank was cloudy and no anemone to be found. It had been sucked into the intake and torn to bits.

Luckily, the other fish & rose BTA seem fine. Did a water change and cleaned my filters and the tank is recovering. Strangely enough, the fish in the tank had a voracious appetite (picking apart a piece of shrimp like piranha) after the BTA died -- not sure why :confused:

One thing I found that might help -- the Penguin Sponge Prefilter Kit fits perfectly on the end of the Aquaclear 70's pump :idea:
Reverse Flow Pre-Filter Sponge This should keep the other RBTA safe just in case.

Lost my Green Bubble Tip today :(. I had it about a week -- it was looking great, and last night it was roaming around (doing cartwheels) after I turned off the lights. Today it had gotten attached to the Aquaclear Powerfilter (not powerhead) 70 intake and when I got home from work the tank was cloudy and no anemone to be found. It had been sucked into the intake and torn to bits.

Luckily, the other fish & rose BTA seem fine. Did a water change and cleaned my filters and the tank is recovering. Strangely enough, the fish in the tank had a voracious appetite (picking apart a piece of shrimp like piranha) after the BTA died -- not sure why :confused:

One thing I found that might help -- the Penguin Sponge Prefilter Kit fits perfectly on the end of the Aquaclear 70's pump :idea:
Reverse Flow Pre-Filter Sponge This should keep the other RBTA safe just in case.

Definately should have turned off the flow until it had a chance to attach after carwheeling! if it was already on/near an intake, that's all the more reason to shut it off or direct flow toward it to get it to move. You need to keep an eye on wandering nems! Keep up on waterchanges, and make sure none of the little bits landed on any corals. You could have a really bad situation if the anemone toxified your tank or burns anything from being scattered everywhere. hopefully you immediately sucked out as much as possible, and if not I suggest you start a syphon right now and get to vaccuming!

Last edited:
Back