GEO Calcium Reactor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

nodough

I have a Geo 618 calcium reactor that I can't seem to get dailed in. My BPM is around 90-100, with effluent drip rate at 50mil per minute. My effluent alk test at 13 and ph at 7.5. I cannot keep my ph stable in the tank, i am adding buffer every other day, yesterday it got down to 7.91. I have never had a problem with low alk it always on the high side at about 11, lowest ever been was 9. I am running the reactor with a Pinpoint controller set at 7.2 high and 6.8 low side. It kicks on and off like clockwork when these parameters are met. Any help would be appreicated.

Geo

I have a GEO and had troubles at first also. I set my bubble count to 10 per min and set the drip at 40 per min. My ph is stable now and cal is steady at 450 to 500 now. I run kalk now and then to help with the ph. I hope this helps. Once it's set you will really like it.
Ken

How big is your system? What do you have in it so far. Just from reading it seems that you are using a fair amount of CO2 which will cause your system to have a depressed pH. I'm using a Geo 612 and running 30 bpm and an effluent rate of about 23.6 ml/min. System is 170 gallons total with clams and SPS. PH is steady at 8.1-2, Ca steady at 420, DKh at 12.0

Nick

Geo Reactor

I have about 25 SPS in tank with 125lbs LR, it's a 180AGA with a 40 gallon sump/refugium. I set the reactor to what the directions said now I will turn down BPM's to about 40 and re-test starting from there. Thanks

I think your ph will be more stable when you do that. I never touch my settings now that it's where I want it. I'm running it on a 120g.
Ken

Back