Geo verses Shuran Calcium Reactors

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

meitzler

fraggy
Does anyone run a geo calcium reactor on a 300 gallon tank. Does the 318 do the job. I have Shuran Jetstream 1 and am looking for a second reactor. Prevously, we had some discussion where many suggested the Geo over then Shuran. I was wandering if anyone has used a Geo for a period of 6 months. Is it easy to calibrate and do you need a specialized feed pump or will a power head do.

you might wanna ask the guys at barrier reef aquariums(sponsor here), they sell them and use them, ive only used the kalk reactors from them.
the only problem with GEO is that it's one guy and the turnaround is several months...

Hey I think Mattseattle was running a Schuran on his old tank with a peristalic
feed pump. Not sure if you can run it with a power head though.
Scott

The only way I could keep my Schuran stable was with a peri. pump. On the Geo I had a power head worked beautifully. I would definitely recommend a Geo over a Schuran any day as I've had both.

I have a GEO too (the 612 model). I ordered from premiumaquatics.com and it arrived within a week (didn't expeerience the one-man-show syndrome that was mentioned earlier, but I may have just been lucky).

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PA-GEO612&Category_Code=

the contstruction is very nice & sturdy - like a rock. Nice clean looking lines too. I use a MJ1200 as a feed pump. It's been up and running for about a month now and my readings are very stable. I do about 40 bpm and a nice steady slow stream of effluent. calcium is at 500 currently and ph at 8.0 - 8.3. Mine is on a heavily SPS stocked 55 gallon with a 45 gallon sump though so I can't say for sure if this would work well on a 300 gallon.

on a size like that, you may want to go with the 618 or 818 model,

anyway, I'd give the GEO two thumbs up

Back