getting married

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

loohunter

Fish lover
so lisa and i are finally getting married:) we are planning on going to Belize for our honeymoon. i was wondering if anyone has ever been there? also we need to get our open water and advanced open water certs before we go in august so i was wondering if anyone had any recomendations on a place to have that done as well. there is a dive site called the great blue hole and i have to do it if iam there. i am so excited it is all i can think about:)

YYEEIIHH !!! congrats to both of you :) .
unfortunately i don't know anything about Belize but i hope you guys have fun and take lots of pictures please:D .

Congrats! Although it sounds like you're more excited about diving then the wedding!:D:badgrin: I don't know much about belize myself outside of they have awesome scuba diving there.:) Have a ton of fun and bring back some cool pics.

thanks to all of you. the reason i sound more excited about the trip than the wedding is because we both were married before, we have known each other for over 15 years have lived together for over 4 and know it is time to make it all official. Lisa's step mother asked us why we haven't gotten married yet and i didn't have an answer for her so now is as good a time as any

geez...as long as i've known you guys i never realized you weren't married.....i'm a little slow. but seriously...isnt there ALWAYS an excuse....oh crap did i just type that....thank goodness she doesnt know too much about this website. congrats and i wish ya well............and i have heard that the diving is pretty rad down there.

geez...as long as i've known you guys i never realized you weren't married.....i'm a little slow. but seriously...isnt there ALWAYS an excuse....oh crap did i just type that....thank goodness she doesnt know too much about this website. congrats and i wish ya well............and i have heard that the diving is pretty rad down there.

thanks man, it was just one of those things were niether one of us were in a big hurry but a couple weeks ago her step mother called me out and asked whwe weren't married yet. i didn't have an answer for her and i always figured we would always be together so there is no reason to not make it official. :) as far as Belize goes, you put that idea in my head. something about the second largest barrier reef in the world, sounds like the ultimate honeymoon for a couple aquariusts. i just need my dive certs:D

LOL!!! :lol: .

Don't worry to much about it dood :D i've been there, hubby and i didn't get married until we knew for sure it was gonna work, we got married a month before my son turned 3 :p.

Congrats man! That's great.

Underwater sports was great for getting certified. Wife and I got certified through them here (most dives at Alki) and then went down to the Caribbean to dive. Soooo easy down there without all the weight and gear. All other divers were wearing wetsuits....we were thinking....this water is great. You'll love it. Be safe!

Congrats! Talk about having your hands full :)

Sounds a lot like what (my)Shannon and I did when we got married.... she got certified and I took it with her as a refresher (I hadn't been wet in 4 years). I did my original cert with Underwater Sports eons ago.

We did Maui; Belize= I wish!

Do your research as to which dive company there, time of year (weather), etc. There are a LOT of Ex-patriots living in that part of the world now, and with the ease of communication brought by the net, you should be able to make contact with someone knowledgeable.
Again, CONGRATS!!!

Congrats Shannon. I will be on the same boat in July. How ever I wish I am on the same boat to Belize too. We're planning our honeymoon in Hawaii sometime next year.

Congrats on the engagement. I will actually be in Belize next month (staying on Ambergris Caye for eight days), I'll let you now how it goes :)

Back