GHL Mitras LED - Specs, Details and Pricing Released - PreOrders start Saturday!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BigAl07

SunglassesForMitras_500x241.jpg

It's official.. these units start shipping to North American customers the week of September 1st. Dealers are taking PreOrders now for the first shipment. If you need more information don't hesitate to give me a shout and I'll get you going in the right direction:

The new LED-lamp from GHL:
Light performance, energy efficiency and features are setting benchmarks

• 66 High Output LED (including HyperViolet LED)
  • 8 Color Channels
  • Flexible Control - can be ran as stand alone (all units include built in controller), as slave to other Mitras, or ran from a GHL ProfiLux controller.
  • 2 Operation Modes - High Efficiency, comparable to 250w MH or High Output, comparable to 340w MH
  • Wide light coverage (36" x 24" as opposed to 24" x 24" list most others) from a very small form factor 13.3” x 7” x 1.57”
  • Infinitely dimmable due to True Dimming Technology (TM by Linear Technology) which gives over 3000 dimming steps per channel

Sorry that was a link to the GHL Corp site (English version) and pricing comes from dealers. US only has a hand full of dealers so let me know if you need to get in contact with one or if your LFS doesn't have a GHL contact.

The units sell for $1199 (plus shipping) but for the first wave of orders GHL is giving a 15% discount which means they will be $1019

PM me if you'd like more information. I'll be glad to help in any way I can.

Allen

Well they've taken it a notch better. Here's the latest on the GHL Mitras

"We optimized our Mitras again!

important changes:
- 9 instead of 8 separately dimmable channels! We added neutral white LEDs.
- 6 hyperviolet LEDs instead of 2! Furthermore adjusted the wavelength a little (now 425 nm).

Now one Mitras has up to 72 High-Power-LEDs!

With these changes the light was improved again in regards to power, efficiency, color impression and homogeneity."

And the best part is: Price stays the same!

That's a WIN-WIN for sure!!

Back