Glass Drilling?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

chickenofthesea

Does anybody have any suggestions for a good glass drilling kit? I am considering drilling my tank instead of doing an over flow for a sump and am looking for any tips or suggestions on this.

glass holes.com has some good videos on the subject and sells kits. Probably many other places to find this stuff but that's the first that comes to my mind. BTW...take out the space between the s and h...I guess the filter thought I was trying to say *******s.

Mike

glass-holes.com makes a great kit. I used their kit on my 40b build. They send you everything you need for setting up the overflow; drill bit, hardboard drilling template, overflow box, bulkhead & down elbow.

I went on there site and watched the install video, Hilarious! What kit should I get for my 42g column? They make a 700gph kit but is that over kill for my size system?

I put a 700gph on my 40b. It worked great. Keep in mind the flow is determined by your return pump. So, you always want an overflow that will handle whatever the max flow of the return pump. I was running a mag-7 return pump at around 4 feet of head and it handled it perfectly.

Glass Holes fan here also. I used the 700gpm on my 40B also. They have great customer service & fast shipping also. I just ordered a saw & 1" bulkhead to drill my Bio Cube. I ordered it on a Saturday & Monday it was here!

Ebay has the same bits I use to drill. The bits are cheap and good for 10-15 holes.

Back