gluing coral to rock

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I've been using some glue my dad picked up at Barrier but I've been having issues with SPS's coming loose. I could be doing it wrong, there are no instructions but I imagine it would be difficult to mess up lol.

I will alway use two part epoxy if I am doing this in the tank, IC gel if I can do this outside and wait for the glue to dry first. I used IC gel in the tank directly for the first time two weeks ago, lost three yellow tangs because they glued their mouth shut after picking at the clumps of IC gel.

put a bit of glue on a DRY end of a coral . (dab it with a towel)
then pace it on the spot you want it to be and swirl it around for a few seconds and make sure the glue is sticking to the rock
then just hold it there for about 10 seconds
you should be good..
glued frags get bumped and fall off al the time..
Another fun part of reefing :(

be careful with the 2-part epoxies, as they generate heat when mixed together, which can damage or kill your sps.

I just got some BRA glue and it is by far the best glue I have ever used. Also the only one that i have got anything to stick with.

marine depot has a brand called TUNZE 104.74 coral fix and its a two part epoxi that i use for sps its stronger then the super glue gel and ive never seen a problem coming from it!

I always go for the cheapest Gel super glue I can find. I only keep LPS and SPS, so I usually glue them on a acrylic peg first, never have any issue.

IC gel is my glue of choice. Just put a nice amount on the surface that is being glued. Place it in the area you want the frag wiggle the frag around on the surface you want it and gently lift up and down a couple times to form a web press down firmly on the frag for about 10-15 seconds and the frag should remain firmly in it's spot.

Loctite 454 from Lowes is what I use and I wiggle the coral on the rock until coral does not move anymore and I've had no problems

I've been using loctight superglue gel for ages. Found 10 packs at a dollar store and stocked up. Don't think I'll ever run out.

Back