Gluing down ricordias

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

saltwaterfishes

12 Step Zoa Program
I have heard many have glued ricordias without any rock attached. I tried it last week and two hours later rics flew off the rock. I used enough glue but not overdoing it. Tried it again tonight....will it stay?

Nope. You need to have at least a pice of substrate or rock on the mushroom feet.
Put them on some rubble and cover with some bridal veil or similar new. Keep them like that for a few days (from 2-3 up to weeks). Clean the veil every once in a while, or just change it.
Hope this helps

Shot glasses also work well, drop some rubble in the bottom of the shot glass and put the ric on top and set in your tank where the flow will not blow it out of the glass, the ric should attach to the rock with time.

I have glued ricordia many of times. I use a breeder cage to reduce flow and give ric time to grab on its own. I glue base down but make sure ric stock is touching plug directly and glue all around the side.

I have glued them many times with a great success rate, but agree that a rubble tray of some type is more advisable. The key is to just keep them in low flow until they attatch on their own, the glue is just a temporary hold.

Well, one ric flew away.

I have glued ricordia many of times. I use a breeder cage to reduce flow and give ric time to grab on its own. I glue base down but make sure ric stock is touching plug directly and glue all around the side.

I had glue on the stock and not around the side. I'm going to try this method tonght.

I have used shot glass and rubble before, my rics shrunk a lot when it was in the glass.
Also used bridle veil, rics got stuck to it most of the time, too tight?
Never have been very successful attaching rics. But give me a zoa rock and I can do almost anything with it:lol:

Well, one ric flew away.

I had glue on the stock and not around the side. I'm going to try this method tonght.

I have used shot glass and rubble before, my rics shrunk a lot when it was in the glass.
Also used bridle veil, rics got stuck to it most of the time, too tight?
Never have been very successful attaching rics. But give me a zoa rock and I can do almost anything with it:lol:

Yep, probably too tight. Try to make some sort of sock with it and hold it with some rubble.
I found out that they really love to attach to the ca reactors media.

Must be a food thing, please keep in mind....when I say "all around the side" I am talking about the side of the stem or stalk...not the head.

not sure if shroom are the same as other sps but will rubber band kill them :)?

Back