Gobies And Pistol Shrimp

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ninerfoelife

I'm thinking of buying a tiger pistol shrimp and a diamond watchman goby. I know they combine a relationship between the two. My first question is if i were to buy them seperate from different stores would they eventually form a relationship, or automatically form a relationship, or would i have to buy them as a pair. My second question is would the tiger pistol shrimp get along with my cleaner shrimps, and my red fire shrimp.

If I'm not mistaken the Diamond Watchman doesn't form a symbiotic relationship with the Pistol shrimp.

My first question is if i were to buy them seperate from different stores would they eventually form a relationship, or automatically form a relationship, or would i have to buy them as a pair.

I had a yellow watchman pair that did and they were bought seperately but there's no guarantee, if you could buy them together it would be better.

My second question is would the tiger pistol shrimp get along with my cleaner shrimps, and my red fire shrimp.

Mine did for a couple of years with no problems at all. had cleaners and peppermint shrimp.

i looked more into it, and i think i want to get the tangaroa goby and the tiger pistol shrimp, or if i find a pair already i'll just buy them. i'm getting a court jester goby, would the two gobies fight, or will they be fine together.

great Little Guys to watch

Hey Go for it Ninerforlife I have 3 paired up symbiotic shrimps with small gobies The main gobies i have are Yasa Hasa but I do have a Small Randall shrimp that is sharing a little cave with a Yasa Hasa and a Yellow watchman and they seem to get along just fine. Take a look at my old thread on them and see some shots...HTH...Jeff
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2711

ninerfoelife said:
i looked more into it, and i think i want to get the tangaroa goby and the tiger pistol shrimp, or if i find a pair already i'll just buy them. i'm getting a court jester goby, would the two gobies fight, or will they be fine together.

no prolems with cleaners

I have a set in a 20 Gallon Nano Tank with 2 Skunk cleaners and they leave the gobies and My Randells alone :) ..Jeff

ninerfoelife said:
I'm thinking of buying a tiger pistol shrimp and a diamond watchman goby. I know they combine a relationship between the two.My second question is would the tiger pistol shrimp get along with my cleaner shrimps, and my red fire shrimp.

Last edited:
WOW! nice pictures. i really like that combination between the yasha hase shrimp goby and the randall's pistol shrimp. nice coloration.

- I want a court jester goby, if i get the tangaroa goby will the two fight. They'll both be in a 60g.

Back