God like mantis??? could it be?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

ok sI know i have not really bin around lately well for good reason's everything is going great... my tank is off with outta a hitch..

Ive completed the tare down of the small 10 and the 30g in my sig.... Now im runing a 75aga RR with a 45g breeder sump... most of the equipment is from my old tank.. Im thinking of not buying a new skimmer cause the remora works pritty damn good...

anyway to the point....

so for months and months... well years and years.... Ive thought ive hurd this "clicking" sound..... every once and a awhile... Ive thought that sounds like what ive red to be the sound of a mantis...... (this is in the 10g)

about a week ago i desided to pull the plug on my 10 and tare it down... i left it with half water in 50degree temp bassment for a week.. with no power no nothing... just observation mode trying to save what lil life i could... pods and star fish...

So this morning i went to pure the water out and sit it out side and i saw this little lobster looking guy... no bigger then a penny....

i was sad cause i thought i had killed something.. so i grabbed him by the antenna (they dropped him in the drive way) and placed him in a small 5g that i have heated only for 5 snails that im trying to get algae off of...

and when he hit the water i thought i saw him move so i went to touch him he detached his big puncher and swam away....

is this a baby mantis?
Picture3002752.jpg

Picture3002750.jpg

his puncher was almost as big as him.... or is this a reef lobster>

Yah Ive had one of those clicking away in my tank for the last 4.5 years. Only ever seen it 2 or 3 times, lol.

Back