Going bare bottom

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I did a water change yesterday and today. The skimmer has been working hard!
Hey Charlie, where are you in Montana? Any good LFS stores in your area?

You might want to skim a little wet for a while, that might give you a hand getting the garbage out.

I am in Columbia Falls Stacy, a new shop just opened up on the south end of Kalispell, it is called the Fish Corral. Not much in saltwater yet, but they are breaking the tanks in before they really start.
Keep the skimmer skimming, it is your best friend!!!!

My daughter is heading to Carroll College in the fall.
I am in Columbia Falls Stacy, a new shop just opened up on the south end of Kalispell, it is called the Fish Corral. Not much in saltwater yet, but they are breaking the tanks in before they really start.
Keep the skimmer skimming, it is your best friend!!!!

Okay, this tank is like a new tank to me. Everything is small. The montipora go cut in half and the slimer is gone. It's coming along with lots of fun frags so here's a peek:D

My daughter is heading to Carroll College in the fall.

Yes, Helena. My first child to go and it's a bit to far:(

Okay, this tank is like a new tank to me. Everything is small. The montipora go cut in half and the slimer is gone. It's coming along with lots of fun frags so here's a peek:D

I love the school and it is a great fit for her. Beautiful drive...we saw eagles and a huge moose on the way home in April.

Look at it this way, it is a beautiful drive, and for you, it is pretty much all interstate.

You're going to love the bb look Stacy ;). It really is so much easier to maintain. Just think, no more detritus, all the flow you want, and no more worrying about losing sand when you do water changes! It was great seeing you guys today. Maybe next time I will have a better schedule for the day, less company and more time!

Barbie

Loved seeing the tanks Barbie. I don't know how you do it all. Thanks for having us over!

You're going to love the bb look Stacy ;). It really is so much easier to maintain. Just think, no more detritus, all the flow you want, and no more worrying about losing sand when you do water changes! It was great seeing you guys today. Maybe next time I will have a better schedule for the day, less company and more time!

Barbie

Obviously I don't keep up with it all or the glass would have been clean BEFORE you got here! :lol:

Barbie

Barbie, well, by waiting to clean the glass until she got there it was able to see the fish eat the food that was growing on the glass. I thought you planed it that way. ;)
Stacy, does your plate coral move on the bottom at all? i've heard that they can (at least on sand) I wouldn't want it to sting anything else... you could put a ring around it of rubble...

Hey Barbie, we want to come over some time and check out your tanks too. Mike also wants to see Helen's tank one of these days.

Our 300 looks like a bunch of little sticks on the left side now, but the middle and left side have large colonies. It's completely out of balance, but I know they'll grow. It'll sure be pretty in a year.

It hasn't moved yet, but I'm watching!

Barbie, well, by waiting to clean the glass until she got there it was able to see the fish eat the food that was growing on the glass. I thought you planed it that way. ;)
Stacy, does your plate coral move on the bottom at all? i've heard that they can (at least on sand) I wouldn't want it to sting anything else... you could put a ring around it of rubble...

Helen just needs to have us all over. She has a waiting list! I know...maybe she wants to have the frag swap:lol:

Hey Barbie, we want to come over some time and check out your tanks too. Mike also wants to see Helen's tank one of these days.

Our 300 looks like a bunch of little sticks on the left side now, but the middle and left side have large colonies. It's completely out of balance, but I know they'll grow. It'll sure be pretty in a year.

Back