Goniopora......yikes

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pitmam01

Blondie911
So I have decided to give Goniopora a shot. I purchased a small Blue piece. I have read several articles and experiments regarding the care of these guys. Anyone have any "positive" experiences??

:oops:

yeh
in sunlight i have seen great things also iron supplements may be esseintial target feeding would also be good if u can get small enough food check out www.goniopora.org
that guy is a succseess story but most of his tanks are set up specificaly for gonis

I have two in my system that are over 2years old.It seems for whatever reason we have the best luck with the red or blue goniapora.The neon greens seem to do the worst.We also have a red encrusting goniapora that we've had for a year and a half.

Do you have them placed in the lower part of the tank??

I have two in my system that are over 2years old.It seems for whatever reason we have the best luck with the red or blue goniapora.The neon greens seem to do the worst.We also have a red encrusting goniapora that we've had for a year and a half.

ours are about 15 inches deep in our greenhouse raceways. The encrusting gorgonian is at the bottom of a 75gal. with 400watt mh.This tank is indoors

Back