Gonipora

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pitmam01

Blondie911
Is Goniopora easy to keep?? What area of the tank...lighting....water movement??? I've seen some really pretty ones.

:oops:

Last edited:
gonis are with out about the hardest coral to keep i have had mixed results i have had a couple and bought them not knowing how truly hard they are. i had a glouris red goni who is now very pink and dosent extend tenticels
www.goniopora.org is the best site for gonis the dude on there has good results but has tank dedicated to gonis which is pretty much the way to go also regular feedings is crucial. clown fish can be a problem they trashed my red goni trying to host it, its now in my coral farm under natural sun light which seems to be doing it good
they are nice gonis are one of my favourtie corals i have 3 atm 2 are doing ok but will probly have a system specialized for gonis in natural sunlight

also when i have been diving and seen gonis they alway have more polyp extension when they are shadowed e.g. a goni that was in direct light growning on a dead acro branch with dead acro covering half of it had 3x as much extension then the part exposed to light
check out that website and have a bit of a read before u buy one they are nice but very tricky
best of luck morgan

Thanks for the info Morgan!! I was actually on that site after I posted this question. Lots of valuable info there. Since I tend to get quite attched to my corals, I think I'll leave this species to the experts!!! Thanks again!!

Diane

yeh they do look pretty the green ones seem to live longer when i first got my red on it was a deep red with green mouths now its pink and never comes out

Back