Good Aquarium shops in Vancouver, BC

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ghazni

ghazni
Hi there,
I am going to Vancouver in 2 weeks and was wondering if there are good aquarium shops to see over there. Please send me link and address if you know.

I'll add a second enthusiastic nomination for J & L Aquatics in the Burnaby area. We've visited twice in past four weeks while on businss in B.C. There are Lots of neat stuff to see. The tanks are so completely clean we honestly wondered if they had just put the water in there! When we asked about it, we were told that the totally detailed tanks is part of what they consider extending "good service" to their clients. We were impressed....it really did make everything look super, and somehow maybe even seem more valuable...Just my opinion.

We don't know of anything else in the area, we just happened upon this one by looking on the net before we went up. Let us know if you find anything else.

Connie

P.S. If you are going to buy something, be sure to ask them what you can bring back, I believe fish are okay, but I know Live Rock is not.

Big Al's was nice as well. Their prices were similar to US, but in canadian dollars, so you save about 20 percent. They have 2 stores, one of them has a massive shark tank. Not a lot of corals however.

Drop them an email and ask for sure, they know. They also list a toll free number on their website. I believe we were told when we were there that livestock is fine except for live rock, but maybe it was fish only? I sure hope not as they had some cool stuff.

the 4 best shops in van are j&l on lougheed hwy burnaby , kingeds pets on kingsway ave in burnaby , oceanaquatics in ladner www.oceanaquatics.com and hidden reef in abotsford of the mountleman exit . go to www.canreef.com and look under the vancouver form to get more info .
there are a couple more stores around but they are the top 4 .

No offense to the people at KingEds but I wouldn't go out of my way to go there. They can on occasion have some interesting fish but their invert tanks are very basic.

If your interested in FW stuff, they are an excellent store. :)

Cheers
Steve

Back