Good bye all for now......

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I sure have benefited from this site and owe a big thanks to many of you for all the advice, suggestions and even coming over to help. I have had someone give me a used sump, come over to help with installations, help with skimmers, and offer all kinds of help that just amazes me. As far as I have experienced, it's a great site and group and a positive place.

Keep the faith.

I fully believe I would not have the level of knowledge I have today without this site. It is a wonderful resource of information and if I can't find my answer I can ask a question and usually get some good answers.

I have made a couple of post that in hindsight I regretted. But am trying to always remember Curtswearing signature "Pause before hitting enter" and have actually typed out responses and never sent them because I knew it would do no good. I too sorta get bored with the same questions over and over but try to realize not everyone has my same approach of trying to find the answer before asking the questions. Usually the people who irritate me are the ones who keep repeating the same mistake, asking for and ignoring all help and then crying about why does this always happen to me? I once made a not so nice comment to one of these people and Scooterman reprimanded me (he was nice, I just took it hard) and so I try a lot harder to pass by the post that bother me without comment.

I have noticed though that the drama seems to go in streaks. I actually stopped the other day and looked at the calander, figuring it had to be a full moon or something (it's not).

I think the Mods here do a great job and I want to say thank you. I have reported a few post on the for sale forums as they were either commercial or spam and they have quickly been deleted. I think we all need to hold ourselves accountable for both our behavior and for helping the mods, if a thread takes a bad turn we need to report it quickly so they can step in and try to steer it to a good end.

I think this is a great place with great people, but everyone has a bad day once in a while. In addition communicating through written word is difficult as most of our communication face to face is in the body language. Besides being conscious of how our communication could be misinterpreted we also need to be aware we may be misinterpreting someone else's comments. If we are having a bad day a comment that may have been meant as lighthearted may be taken wrong. On that note I have to say second to Curtswearing's signature "pause before hitting enter" I like my own, "don't take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway".

Keep it lighthearted, take it lighthearted and this place should not make you angry and wanting to quit. After all if we quit everything that we participated in because some idiot made us mad, none of us would ever drive again.

Enough rambling. . .going to bed now. I will miss Mike, he was always nice and friendly to me, but he washes the windows at the building I work in so hopefully I will see him in the not too distant future.

(Reread 3 times, and I believe I am okay to post:))

FYI, I was unaware of some specific posts in this thread and they have now been dealt with. Please use the Report a Post button in the future if particular action is felt to be necessary as we can't read every single word on the site. Everyone's participation to keep this a friendly and informative site is always appreciated.

Back