Good News! (for me at least)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

rocket

Tahoma
So I went over to return of sids tonight and he kindly gave me a couple frags, helping a newbie. Thanks Sid!!! Also vwmoneypit offered some xenia, thank you as well!
So when I got home to add them to the tank I saw that my skimmer is working again.:) I have been all worried cause it hasn't skimmed anything for more than a week after I installed a new sump. But to top that off one of my clowns decided to host my RBTA! Once he jumped in, he hasn't left it.:D :D :D

Awesome Nate!! Glad to hear your skimmer is working and that your Clowns have taken to the RBTA. Great pics!!! As mentioned above, I'd be wary of the bubble algae I see in your tank. Try picking it out without rupturing the "bubble." Also might pick up an Emerald Crab or 2. They are said to eat it. I have a tiny amount of it in my tank that came with a bag of Chaeto I bought recently. I'm not too concerned about it since it's only a couple bubbles that I can manually remove...AND because I do have the Emeralds...lol.

yeah i have been keeping an eye on it. When the tank first started up i was excited to see some something green and I never removed them, that also happened with the stinking red cotton candy algae! Now I regret not knowing about it then. I do have an emerald crab but Ive never seen him eat the bubbles. I remove some with ever water change by siphoning them out.
Thanks for the help!

congrats!

i did a voodoo dance on my clown to get him in the anonome....

you will most likely noticed some spoting, and some really weird things he might do....

keep your eye on him...

thats cause you have to do the voodoo dance man..... come on...

LOL

Fishead, Ive had my clowns for a couple months and the anemone for two weeks. I figured that it would take a while for them to start hosting but Returnofsid told me to try something, I printed a picture of Ocellaris clowns in an RBTA (the combo I have) and hang it on the outside of the tank. I originally put it next to the anemone, but the clowns moved to the other side of the tank, they didn't like the picture I guess. So I moved the picture to the opposite side as the anemone and the next day they were in the anemone!
Not I don't know if the picture worked or what, but hey it was worth a try.:)

Burning2nd, I see that the female has whitish spots that look like she got stung or nipped. The clowns are doing a "sexy" dance and nuzzling each other since they started hosting. Ive seen them shake and contort to each other before, but they have taken that to a whole nother level...

Also today pearlys have paired up, now living in the same hole. Cute little guys.

Fishead, Ive had my clowns for a couple months and the anemone for two weeks. I figured that it would take a while for them to start hosting but Returnofsid told me to try something, I printed a picture of Ocellaris clowns in an RBTA (the combo I have) and hang it on the outside of the tank. I originally put it next to the anemone, but the clowns moved to the other side of the tank, they didn't like the picture I guess. So I moved the picture to the opposite side as the anemone and the next day they were in the anemone!
Not I don't know if the picture worked or what, but hey it was worth a try.:)
When I 1st read this I thought you were joking:lol: But I guess it could work, worth a try. Thanks

Man I wish I had read this a few days ago! I have two ocellaris and bought a bubble tip, then was told that it was very unlikely that they would host, so went and bought couple maroons. One of them is hosting now, hopefully the other will too. Guess that means I'll have to get a carpet for my ocellaris!

ROFL, thats 2 funny.. i did the same thing with the picture...
that didnt work.

also it took about 3 months of the clown and the anonome together for him to get in the anonome.

i had the clown for about 6 months. and the anonome for 3 of so.....

I did a voodoo dance in front of the tank, and on the anenome side.
IT worked, as soon as he saw my hands moveing around crazy, he went to his corner.... but then my voodoo shakeing hand was over that little corner where he liked to sleep.... so he went in to the corner where the anenome is..

he kinda hoverd about the GTA, for a little... I did some more voodoo, and as soon as one little tip touched him, he knew what was up...

"we go in, and out.... look around, go in, go out"

lol i would make a vid of it... but id probly get ban'n and toss'd off the internet.

I just kinda moved my hands, made like weird hiz'ing noise's jumped around the tank..... chant'd some low not english mumble's

moves my hands around the lights, (so they see dark shadows)

the hole time i forgot about the cromies, they were buging out.....

Back