Good place for tank purchases

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dieden

Exocoetidae
I am looking for a good place to order a new tank. I haven't decided if I want to go acrylic or glass, but will porbably go with glass for money issues. If anyone knows a good online place to buy, or a good place near dallas, please let me know.

ebay (i just got an error saying that the minimum ammount of charachters is ten. thats the only reason i'm writing this long and pointless sentence, bet you feel stupid for reading all of it) :)

has anyone heard anything about glasscages.com?????? and how would I go about pricing an elos? I just need a 75 gallon tall, 48X18X21(or 24 I can't remember)

I ordered and received my 45 gallon rimless tank from glasscages. It's in my thread I started. I was pleased with he whole process and the product. It has starphire glass on the front. The shipping from their truck, you meet the truck somewhere to pick it up, saves money. I'm not sure if the truck drives through Dallas. Go to their website and find out. Overall, I'd recommend them.

I spoke with a gal from glasscages.com earlier today. I am interested in a new tank, and Seattle is not on their list of regular cites where they go with theri own trucks. But she told me that they may be heading my way in early April.

I have also been keeping an eye on my local craigslist site for auqriums. SOmetimes ou can find some pretty good deals on used aquariums.

Gary

Glasscages.com is great to work with. At one time, I was going to order a tank from them. I entered all the information about the tank I wanted, which was a great price. They called me the next day to let me know what shipping would be. Unfortunately, shipping was going to cost more than the tank. I'd imagine shipping to Dallas area would be MUCH cheaper though. They were very informative, friendly and helpful on the phone.

has anyone heard anything about glasscages.com?????? and how would I go about pricing an elos? I just need a 75 gallon tall, 48X18X21(or 24 I can't remember)

Glasscages sells economy, small budget tanks. They are no frills and sometimes a little rough. But they are built very solid and you cannot beat the price anywhere.
I have a 240 that I bought from them almost 3 years ago.

Did I hear something about another Seattle delivery????
I'd buy from them again.

Jeff(treehugger) baught his 240gal from them and it was quite a hassle. He said they were very good with customer service before he ordered the tank then he had a hard time contacting them. His tank also arrived a month or two late and he was only told the exact day two days before(I think). The tank was OK, a few small chips on the top and the seams are already not looking their best
Not bringing down glasscages but just telling from an experience I heard of.

Back