Good reading material for new hobbiest

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MattinIdaho

I am just getting started into the hobby and will be setting up a tank soon. I bought the book Salt Water Aquariums for Dummies and The New Marine Aquarium. Both have a ton of information but I would really like to subscribe to a good informative magazine. My attention span is much better suited for magazines sometimes. We are going to take it slow but our goal is a nice reef tank eventually. Any suggestions on a fun magazine?

Hi Matt and welcome to Reef Frontiers!! There are a few good magazines out there, but beware, a lot of the articles in them, are directly targeted towards the companies that advertise, in the magazines.

For a book, requiring more of an attention span, than a magazine, but IMO, every hobbyist should own, I'd suggest "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist: A Commonsense Handbook for Successful Saltwater Hobbyists" by Robert Fenner. In my opinion, a more informative book cannot be found!!

I wouldn't use a magazine to replace the information needed from some good books, only to supplement and for entertainment. Any suggestions out there?

Back