Got Coraline???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

matts125

Updated, Check out page 2!well since I have setup my new 120 gallon sump with my automated ATO/kalk mixer my coraline algae has grown almost out of control, check out these pics this is with out cleaning my glass for about 2 weeks! boy do I have my work cut out for me cleaning my glass?!?!?

growthshots006.jpg

growthshots005.jpg

growthshots007.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Matt

Last edited:
My coraline has tarted to plate like montipora and is actually starting to grow out words into my tank. I think its awesome!

My coraline has tarted to plate like montipora and is actually starting to grow out words into my tank. I think its awesome!

THere is a certain species that grows like plates I have had it in another system in the past....

And I am enjoying the growth as my sps are growing very fast too!!!

Matt

Hi, I'm new on this. I'm puertorrican so sorry by the gramaticals errors. How I can put my tank so full of coraline like yours? I have my first 20 gallons tank and I I'm using products of Cralife. My tank have a year and don't have enough coraline like yours. My tank it just have few fishes like percuras and one Coral Beauty. Y have a lot of life stone and it have a los og a kind of brown algae. The growth of my coraline is very very very slowwww and I don't know what to do. I also have one anemone and one fether duster. I have one bulb light 50/50 and I don't have a chiller, so the temperaute of my tank is from 75-85. What are your recomendations?

wwouu dood nice coralline :D .

Hi, I'm new on this. I'm puertorrican so sorry by the gramaticals errors. How I can put my tank so full of coraline like yours? I have my first 20 gallons tank and I I'm using products of Cralife. My tank have a year and don't have enough coraline like yours. My tank it just have few fishes like percuras and one Coral Beauty. Y have a lot of life stone and it have a los og a kind of brown algae. The growth of my coraline is very very very slowwww and I don't know what to do. I also have one anemone and one fether duster. I have one bulb light 50/50 and I don't have a chiller, so the temperaute of my tank is from 75-85. What are your recomendations?

welcome to RF dood :) .. i'm mexican so don't worry about your gramatical errors :D .

i have never used any cralife ( i think this is the first time i hear about it :p), but one thing that makes coralline grow is Calcium.
There's a product called Purple Up and suppose to work :p ( i have never used it :p).
now if you got coraline in some of your rocks or glass... you can always scrape a little bit off and that should help spreading it over dood :) .

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! Jey sponge bob lover, I'm sorry, the product aren't Cralife. The corect name is Coralife. I'm using Two-Part Liquid Calcium, but now I will chek Purple Up.

Matt,

Just give it a few months... and you'll find out that your Coraline will kinda PEEL off the walls, cause its grown soooo thick! ;) (hummmm, sounds like personal experience there, doesn't it??? :D :D)

Jimmy, do you test for calcium?? If you make sure your calcium is in the range of 380 to 420ppm you should have coralline like crazy.

Jimmy, I agree with SueT. Check your water chemistry and see where your levels are.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! Jey sponge bob lover, I'm sorry, the product aren't Cralife. The corect name is Coralife. I'm using Two-Part Liquid Calcium, but now I will chek Purple Up.

Purple up will cause chemistry issues. I'd stay away from it.

Don

I have never heard of it Purple Up causing issues? Not saying it doesn't, just haven't been aware of it. I am getting a little on my glass after a year but nothing like above. I have heard strontium and iodine boost Coraline growth. My calcium is always above 400PPM with a DKH of 8-9.

Dkh is the alkalinity measurement. Calcium, alkalinity and magnesium need to be in balance for a saltwater tank to work. All 3 of these need to be tested for and then if any supplements needed used to get the water to the correct levels. Calcium should be 380 to 420ppm, alk. 8-10dKh, and magnesium 1250-1350ppm.

I have also heard bad stuff about the Purple Up product, wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Dkh is the alkalinity measurement. Calcium, alkalinity and magnesium need to be in balance for a saltwater tank to work. All 3 of these need to be tested for and then if any supplements needed used to get the water to the correct levels. Calcium should be 380 to 420ppm, alk. 8-10dKh, and magnesium 1250-1350ppm.

I have also heard bad stuff about the Purple Up product, wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

I used purple up for a while in my cube but didnt like it just because of the cloudy water (3hrs long) so I didnt choose to buy another bottle after the first was gone, My live rock in this tank is over 25 years old and is totally covered in coraline so there for it spreads very fast..
if you keep all your calc,mag,alk all stable but have no coraline present in your tank it will not grow... What I have done in the past to help friends get coraline to grow is let my glass cover with it, scrape it all off and then do a water change imediatly and then give the water to them to change into their tank. All the free floating coraline in the water will seed the other tank

Matt

Back