Got Coraline???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have just two rocks that have coraline because it comes from the pet shop, but the rest of my rocks are covered with a brown-green algae and very few coraline. The others rocks are very yungs because it comes directly from the sea and I decide to kill it for my benefit. I will use purple up with stremly careful and will searching for the test of calcium. I had the test of alkalinity, just I don't know it measurment.

ya i wuoldnt use purrple up....i tried it to help spread corraline algae and it messed up all my water levels-----calcium, magnesium, and alkalinity...took me a month and a half to get it back to normal, but i was dosing it every otheer day or two weeks

I have only used purpleup a few times and I noticed it messed up my water too. My guess is if one uses it you leave it in for a few hours and the carbon the heck out of your water or do water changes. Just my experience.

jey, how often I can use the dosis of purple up? daily, twice in a week, once in a week or once every two weeks?

Update!

Well my tank sure is doing great! my corals and coraline are both growing very fast! check out these new shots of the tank, I cleaned the glass 1-2 weeks ago!! (you can see where I cant reach!)

Please note these are Raw images (too lazy to photoshop.)

gotcoraline002.jpg

gotcoraline001.jpg

gotcoraline004.jpg

gotcoraline015.jpg

gotcoraline012.jpg

gotcoraline011.jpg

gotcoraline007.jpg

It's just a view through a purple window. Looks like nice Matt. And just think people actually want coraline..:)

Last edited:
It's just a view through a purple window. Looks like nice Matt. And just think people actually want coraline..:)
I do actually like the coraline, I just need to keep on top of it better. I love how the back is solid purple when it was just clear glass along with the bottom...
Wow! and is that a blond naso tang? Just learning...
it is acutally just a Naso tang no blonde they are yellow across the whole top..

wwouu dood that's insane :eek:

its crazy I know!

That is definitely allot of Coraline. Do you think the overabundance may inhibit the growth of other specimens like feather dusters or polyps that may naturally grow from the live rock. Or could it undermine the live rock's natural buffering capacity by limiting it's porosity? Just a thought. Looks real cool though...

Just be glad its glass and not acrylic. I gave up on the sides and back and now have a square veiwing window to look through.
I'm sick of company coming over and asking what the purple stuff is.

That is definitely allot of Coraline. Do you think the overabundance may inhibit the growth of other specimens like feather dusters or polyps that may naturally grow from the live rock. Or could it undermine the live rock's natural buffering capacity by limiting it's porosity? Just a thought. Looks real cool though...
I have noticed everything in the tank is growing faster than ever. My rock is very porous so its buffering is fine, remember coraline does not grow where there is no light so there is still tons of sponge and (raw) rock that isnt in direct light..

Just be glad its glass and not acrylic. I gave up on the sides and back and now have a square veiwing window to look through.
I'm sick of company coming over and asking what the purple stuff is.
I am very hapy with the glass, I love just scraping with a razor!

wow that sure is taking off on you :) i to get very lazy and not scrape all the way down at the bottom...
it is growing faster and faster and faster, I set up a new frag tank off the same sump and within a couple weeks its getting tons of it growing too...

Matt

just did a mass scraping and its off to the salt mines......

anyway. its cool when i scrape back the coraline the little tube worm thing's let out there spider web looking stuff. (i guess 2 catch stuff)

just did a mass scraping and its off to the salt mines......

anyway. its cool when i scrape back the coraline the little tube worm thing's let out there spider web looking stuff. (i guess 2 catch stuff)

When you scrape the glass it seems as if everything feeds!

Back