got me a tiny hippo

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Rothany

RF Premium Member
got me a tiny hippo yesterday he is small and cool... check it out in my 40 breeder :D

1236310845271.jpg

1236310860394.jpg

1236310872298.jpg

Looks good man, is it eating good for you? Also, make sure you realize how fast these fish grow when fed right and plan for another home in a year or so.

Good luck :)

-augustus

Looks good man, is it eating good for you? Also, make sure you realize how fast these fish grow when fed right and plan for another home in a year or so.

Good luck :)

-augustus

yep he eats like a greedy little piggy :badgrin:
yea i know he gonna get big i had one before but sold it cause it got big..I missed it so got this little guy :D

blue tangs like that dont have good success rates imo they shoulkdnt be collected so small good luck with that

Make sure to feed him some veggies & not just meaty foods, you'll know how healthy he is within a few days they can go from good to bad rather quickly at that size!

yup, I like the Julian Sprung sea veggies, get him to eat that even if you have to avoid feeding him the regular food you feed, they need it in their diets. In time as it grows It will eat more & more veggies!

yup, I like the Julian Sprung sea veggies, get him to eat that even if you have to avoid feeding him the regular food you feed, they need it in their diets. In time as it grows It will eat more & more veggies!

done and done! I feed the whole tank a varitey of things each day and I put some nori yesterday in the day stuck it on my mag float the little bugger was eating it so, he seems good although i might have to much flow in the tank anf funny thing he swims right in the middle of it for couple mintues each time.Should i be concerned

nope it is normal for these fish, they live cautiously as a built in safety system. They will sleep all up into the rocks tightly, even sideways, very cool!

Yeah there super cool! I see your from the Bahamas is it nice there

Yea, it's pretty nice here! Click on the link in my signature if you want to see a few pics of what it looks like here :)

Back