Green Brain

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Looks pretty good to me although I've never had one or seen one:oops: As for feeding, here's a bump. I'm sure the others will chime in pretty soon:)

Target feed it by using a turkey baster to blow small amounts into the feeding tentacles in the evening. I would suggest feeding it after the daylight bulbs are out but the actinic bulbs are still on. Also keep in mind that it isn't even necessary to feed an open brain. As long as you have adequate lighting, it'll get all the energy it needs from your lighting. If you do choose to feed it, I wouldn't feed it very often. Ummm, no disrespect intended, but I'd suggest you read up on corals and study their needs before purchasing them next time...lol. But I also know how it is to see something in a tank that you just absolutely have to have...regardless of what you do or don't know about it. I'm guilty of the same thing at times.

I've had a couple of those, and mine always liked indirect lighting, more of in a shady spot. I never fed it intentionally although would snag mysis on occasion.

mine is on the sand, i feed it twice a week mysis shrimp (half cube) i do the feeding with half of a 2 gal of soda (i cut it in half :p) just because my shrimp is always trying to steal food from everyone.

Back