green chromis egging

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mark peacock

marine67
Well once again they are egging the back of my tank never known and fish to breed like these have over the past few months, might try to see if i can save some in my Q tank.

WOW:) ur lucky man . i hope u will be a good grandfather for them ... lol :lol:

Good Luck

Last edited:
Hey they end up as food because they are stuck to the tank. and i don't think they would travel well over 3 thousand miles you would have to have them scrambled lol.

I think your just saying that because you want them all for yourself!

You can very easily build a little 3 sided acrylic box with ventalition holes that could hand off the back of the tank or can use suction cups.

With the foods and equipment that are around today it is easier then ever to rear/raise fish. But with that being said I wouldnt know where to begin with Chromis.

You should try emailing someone like Martin Moe and doing a google search.

Thanks for that i might just try that if not successfull they will egg again in a couple of day anyway they are always at it jealous i am lol.
mark.

I had a mated pair of the blue reef chromis and I'd know when they were getting ready to lay eggs cause they'd launch themselves at me when I was coming to the tank to feed them. I hope your green chromis are not as nasty. Very cool to watch them though..

I have a couple of mated pairs of damsels, for some reason they reproduce (lay eggs) much more easily in captivity. I have only heard of a couple of instances of Chromis doing it.

mine do it regular since i got a school of seven before when i had three nothing it must be because the size of the school if you know what i mean.
nice pics sue.

Back