green frilly mushroom

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tk480

hello wet sleevers,
My green mushroom coral, which usually is as big as a dinner plate is shrinking. It's not closing up, just kind of lessening its size. All of the other corals are fine. It's been that for a few days now. My water parameters are spot on. Did something piss it off? Bite it? I moved my circulation pumps around a bit but the coral doesn't seem to be affected by the current. Are they that sensetive? Any input would be appreciatited.

tk480

I have had the same problem in the past w/my carpet anemone. I let it go for a few days then moved it to a brighter spot in the tank and in doing so it naturally shrunk up. I waited for it to open back up. The following morning it was polluting my tank! Same as you my parameters Were dead on and the other corals were fine. I had no choice but to take him out and put it in my make shift dip tank( double dosed the recomended amount) for fiffteen min and put it my ten gal aclimation tank to see if the die off quit, he made it through and from then on he has been fine! So I would try dipping it. I use Seachem Reef Dip. :D:confused:

Back