Grilling Season Is Here

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DonW

R.I.P.
My favorite part of summer is food and grilling. I'm the idiot out in the snow in december and january standing next to the grill under the umbrella. I grill about 20 times a month year round, no gas grill real lump charcoal. Post your favorite grill recipes , rubs and sauces!
Mine is always steak and more steak.

Merinade in demitries (http://www.demitris.com/) for a couple of hours.
Heat the grill to 750-800F Grill 1 minute on each side.

Don

I'm the idiot out in the snow in december and january standing next to the grill under the umbrella.

Haha. That is me too. Except I use gas. I have been really craving a steak, but our condo is under construction and I have no deck for my BBQ right now. It is down in the garage and I am half tempted to wheel the BBQ out into my driveway just to cook a steak. :D

Ha Ha ha I thought I was the only idiot that did that in the snow! I love BBQ I only use charcoal and or wood no gas for me! Meat just taste so much better cooking over charcoal or wood.

I love grilling in the snow drinking a beer smoking a ciggarette. I spend a lot of time grilling big cuts of London Broil marinated in the Safeway brand meat Marinade Powder. I swear by that stuff its the best meat marinade I have found. Give it a try. And kingsford charcoal with a weber grill the only way to go

Ribeyes and New york for me. I make my own rub and BBQ sauce I use alot of different types of fruits to make my sauce. My Gauva passionfruit with thai chilli is the shiiiiiiiiiizzzzzz.

I'm tagging along. I love to grill :D, but enough talk about how much we all love it, and talk about the best recipes!

Don - my dad grills year round in Chicago - snow and all. He has one of these Grillzebos, and it is fabulous! I'm not sure where he got it from, but I thought Sam's Club (similar to Costco) had them. We've been known to cook on the grill during the winter months, too. My daughter gets so excited to have "summer chicken" in the winter. She calls anything cooked on the grill "summer"....summer chicken, summer lamb chops, summer steaks, etc. mmmmmmm

That grill gazebo looks cool. I use Big green egg with a bbq guru controller and just one of the outdoor table umbrellas.:)
I really love demitris bloody merry mix although I dont drink.

A great chicken is of course beer butt chicken. Dump out 1/3 the beer and add demitris. Cook at 300-325 with indirect heat until done. The bird should be so juicy it squirts when you stick in the thermometer. This is also great for game hens but use the tiny v-8 juice cans.

Don

Back