Group order 6' VHO Bulbs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Herefishyfishy

Smart Bass
Salmonslayer and I will be needing some 6' VHO bulbs soon. The freight is not bad if split up on a box load. Anyone interested in going in on a package deal to be determined? Any good leads on best prices would also be appreciated.

let me know about prices you find.. I can get some but seem alittle pricey still. Mike let me know what you find out so we can compare.

So any leads on the best place to buy a group order? Paul (fragman) made a 4' group order, anyone know where he got them? So far, champion looks the best with $29 for super actinics, $31 for actinic white, and $32 for aqua suns with a shipping fee for a box of 12 being set at $26 total or about $2.17 a bulb. Anyone have a wholesale account there or a friend with one? If so, we could probably buy 48 bulbs.

http://www.championlighting.com/home.php?cat=585

This Ebay seller has super actinics at $25 each and says he will ship a dozen box for $54.55 which equals $4.54 a bulb totaling $29.54 each delivered to 98042 (Puget sound area) I do not know if he has other colors available.
This beats Champion's price of $31.17 each delivered

I could live with supers if I had to but would prefer a mix. Any other ideas or sources? Still hoping to find someone with a wholesale account at Champion or some good sourse.

The Aquatic Technology lead was a good one. He is willing to quote a wholesale price if we buy 24 of a single type and ship the case as a single shipping. The shipping is $57 for the case and the bulb prices are $21.50 for actinic white and $25.13 for Aqua sun. I propose we all go in on 24 Aqua Sun bulbs which are the most all around beneficial for corals and still color up the livestock well. The price would be $27.51 each delivered. I could live with the Actinic whites if need be and they are $23.88 delivered

I can use 6

Last edited:
Mike Paul cant get 72" from what I under stand. I would like 2 or 4 actinics. I need 72" dont know what size you ordering. Also chad may need some also

I like the super actinics 72" best and would like to get 2 please if you order those please :) Your prices are they for 72" ?
I Looked into hello lights.com Price: $43.95 each URI 160 Watt 72" super actinics
Item Code: 10-72-03-V

Order 6 or more bulbs (mix and match all URI 60" & 72" Actinic, Aquasun and Actinic/White IS allowed), and they are ground shipped FREE!***

Last edited:
Yes 6' VHO is the same as 72" VHO
These all come with internal reflectors and are made by URI

The 72" super actinics are $23.63 delivered (very blue)
The 72" actinic whites are $23.88 delivered (blue)
The 72" Aqua sun $27.51 delivered (white/blue)

We can not mix. This will be a wholesale purchase of an unopened full box of a single color

I doubt that we would be able to put a 24 bulb minimum together again in under a year, so buy spares if possible

Herefishyfishy 6 actinic
Plack 2 actinic
Salmonslayer 2-4
Finn ?
Diablo?
Chad?

Last edited:
Herefishyfishy 6 actinic (buying some spares at this price)
Plack 2 actinic
Salmonslayer 4 actinic
Finn 2 actinic
Diablo?
Chad?
Anyone else? (need 8 more to put the order of 24 together)

Last edited:
Herefishyfishy 6 actinic (buying some spares at this price)
Plack 2 actinic
Salmonslayer 6 actinic
Finn 2 actinic
Diablo? (Wants some, waiting on how many)
Chad?
Augustus 2 Actinic

Paul seems to like the super actinics and nobody else has expressed an interest.

Anyone else? (need 6 more to put the order of 24 together)

Hay mike are we getting supper actinics or actinic white 50/50. I would like supper's if that will work.Chow

Mike, either on works for me. Super actinic or plain actinic, just as long as they are URI bulbs.

OK the consensus is in, Super Actinics by URI $23.63 each including freight

Herefishyfishy 6 (buying some spares at this price)
Plack 2
Salmonslayer 6
Finn 2
Augustus 2
Diablo? (Wants some, waiting on how many)

Paul seems to like the super actinics and nobody else has expressed an interest.

Anyone else? (need 6 more to put the order of 24 together)

Last edited:
I am waiting to see if I can afford 4 may but at this time I am only commiting to 2 :)
Let us know when no rush :) The longer you wait the more likely I will Buy 4 :)
PAUL

Back