Hairy mushrooms

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pitmam01

Blondie911
I have a rock full of flourescent hairy mushrooms. One of the mushrooms detached from the rock and is on the sand bed. I put him up in a ledge so he wouldn't get tossed around. Oddly enough, this morning, he was back on the bottom, near "his" rock. Can I glue him back on the rock or just let him blow around the tank??
:confused:

I would try to get him anchored down (toothpick, partially under a rock, etc.) so he re-attaches. If he is moving around, he can land on a coral and mushrooms are surprisingly aggressive.

How can you be so sure its a "He"? Maybe it's an "It" or a "She".:razz:

You can also do a little needle and thread work and tie that sucker back onto the rock or even put a piece of stocking over "him, her, it"

They will glue...but its kind of brutal...you need to take a bunch of q-tips and keep rubbing the slime off until it doesnt slime anymore...the goal being you want the glue to burn and stick to flesh...not slime. AFter rubbing the slime off, stick the shroom in a glob of glue and leave it on the counter for 20 minutes. it works fine

the container riddles wth holes with rubble in it is the easiest though.......then once it attaches you can easily glue the rubble it attached to wherever you want

here is my ricordia bucket for strays to give you an idea

ricordiabucketjpg.jpg

I'm glad I have you guys around with all these great ideas because as far as creativity..well...I'm challenged. Thanks!!!
:oops:

[/quote]
here is my ricordia bucket for strays to give you an idea...

ive seen people lay the shroom on a rock, then wrap something like netting around the rock loosely to keep it there till it attaches

ive seen people lay the shroom on a rock, then wrap something like netting around the rock loosely to keep it there till it attaches

although ive never lost anything in the low flow bucket program......i dont like subjecting high dollar yumas to that as they seem to take a lot longer to attach.....

the net

yumanet.jpg

Back