hammer and frogspawn

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

rcw98022

is it okay if my hammer and frogspawn touch eachother or will they sting eachother in defence? there starting to grow towards eachother and need to know if i should move them

Well, might have been a lil' quick actually. It seems I've read some things and seen some pictures of people allowing hammers and frogspawn to touch, without any ill effect. I just don't remember for sure where I read it. Hopefully, someone else will chime in soon, with some more advice.

It's not good for any corals touching each other but I have had both in the pass and they always touched each other. I never saw any bad reaction between them.

Michael - didn't Tracy used to keep her big hammer and frogspawn colony growing into eachother in her 150? If I remember right she mentioned to me that it works well with hammers & frogspawn, but candycanes no (since thats what she & I were discussing....)

I'm pretty sure Kevin knows the answer to this question - :) We just gotta get him involved

i've got a mixed batch of 2 types of hammers and 3 types of frogspawns growing all together without issue. torches usually don't do so well in the mix neither do octos...good luck

mine too hammer and frogspawn but i move them away at each other just a couple inches coz i started to notice the frogspawn doesnt expand much and i saw some hammer's tips and frogspawn's tentacles falling off..then next i move the frogspawn(green tip) next to a different kind of frogspawn(purple tip) and notice the other one not expanding that much either so i separated them all make sure they dont touch each other...

i agree with roscoe corals shouldnt touch each other..

I had my hammer and frogspawn touching and didn't have any problems. I also had my torch reach out and delete an entire head of my hammer over night. You might not have any problems but, I agree it's probably safer not to let them touch.

I had another a frogspawn or torch touch my some of my hammer/anchor. it was just fine for a few days then i lost 4 heads of hammer/anchor.

Just a few days ago my branching hammer/frogspawn mutant (odd, not sure if it's possible, but that's what I was told it was) fell on my green wall hammer coral. It lost color, shriveled up, and the next day was fine. Not sure if that helps...

Well, might have been a lil' quick actually. It seems I've read some things and seen some pictures of people allowing hammers and frogspawn to touch, without any ill effect. I just don't remember for sure where I read it. Hopefully, someone else will chime in soon, with some more advice.

Frogspawn and Hammer are in the same family or spieces and should not bother each other.

I have frog/anchor/hammer all hanging out in a cluster. They seem to grow well together. If my hands are pruney and I touch my knuckle on some trumpet coral, they sting my hand. If I have frogspawn juice on my hand and I rub on the anchor it does not sting me. I think they are ok with eachother.

Back