Hammer Coral Sting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

KRMNAL1

I was doing a water change last night and I noticed one of the arms from my Hammer Coral was really extended and gouy looking, when I looked closer I saw it was stuck on my Rose Bulb Anenomoe. When it finally pulled away my RBA shrunk about half way and the tentacles turned a really dark blood red color. I moved the Hammer to a different spot in the tank but I am curious if the Hammer damaged my RBA. Today the color of the RBA still seems darker than normal and the stem is short and fat instead of long and skinny like normal. Will a Hammer Coral beat a RBA in a stinging contest :?:

I've had a hammer reach out and sting and kill zoos before and I consider zoos typically to be pretty tough..It's also happened with some SPS before, so, I know the sting can be tough.. but IMO, I don't think you have much to worry about with the rose bulb..they are pretty hardy and I think he'd probably move if he was getting beat up too bad. then again, that's only my opinion and not based on any experience directly with that.

keep us posted Mike with how he does...

Thanks Ben,

The RBA seems to be back to normal tonight and so does the Hammer, I moved the Hammer the night he stung the anenamoe (sp?) and he shriveled up for a day. On a different note whenever you need to thin out your tank again let me know, I'd like to be first in line.

Mike

Back