Hammer Coral

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dtd87

What exactly is a Hammer coral? I know I can google search it but I figured I'd ask you guys first instead of getting linked to other forums :D I think they look great and might want one.

Hello,
Typically the name is used to describe Euphyllia ancora an easy to keep Large Polyp Stony (LPS) coral. It likes low to moderate light and flow and does well under a wide range of conditions.

Regards,
Kevin

Hi, I have one that I could frag for you if you'd like. I live up in Kirkland. They must be very related to frogspawn because my hammer and frogspawn have grown in one another and they are happy (no stinging). pm me if intersted.

What exactly is a Hammer coral? I know I can google search it but I figured I'd ask you guys first instead of getting linked to other forums :D I think they look great and might want one.

You can successfully mix many kinds of Euphyllia together commonly slod as Wall Hammer, Hammer, Anchor, Frogspawn, Torch etc... They make great looking mixed colonies.

Todd

Hi, I have one that I could frag for you if you'd like. I live up in Kirkland. They must be very related to frogspawn because my hammer and frogspawn have grown in one another and they are happy (no stinging). pm me if intersted.
pm'd :D

I love all the different species of euphyllia. They are hardy and can grow quickly with the right parameters!

Back