Hammer coral

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

AkiliNYC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question whats the best place to place them? I'm having trouble finding a place for it. I have its base in bettween the rock work but its not doing so well also. I have beaming light (500 Watt MH 72 gallon bow) so its kinds in a lower lit area. Any one with some exsperience can help me with this please.

I find that Euphyllids prefer lower, non-laminar flow. Direct laminar flow has the tendency to blow their tentacles one way and can damage them. Lower flow coming from several directions will allow them to inflate.

LIghting wise, they can adapt to many types. You can definitely adjust them to your MH lighting slowly from lower, then moving it upwards a couple inches every few weeks or so.

- Elmo

Also try feeding the hammer , use a pair of tweezers and feed little bits of chopped squid . You will find the hammer corals are big eaters.

elmo posted everything you need to know. alternating flow is when They have looked great for me in the past. Sad enough I ad one with a powersweep powerhead hitting it and it loved it.

Back