hammerhead float

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

loohunter

Fish lover
how well do the hammerhead mag floats work on 1/2" acrylic? my tank is in wall and i'm sick of watching my cheap mag cleaner float away. i'm also sick of spending an hour with my whole arm in the tank scrubbing. i know the big magnavores are supposed to work well but i cant see spending 200 dollars on a mag cleaner:confused:

yes, hammerhead work great...as soon as payday comes, I plan on order a sleeve from mightymagnets..need to get rid of the brown hard algae on the front glass.

I can't say much about the hammerhead, but I do have the tigershark and I love mine.
I bought mine approx. 10-11 years ago and a few months ago it just seemed like it didn't have the power to stay together as well as it used to.
When I took the inside part out of my tank it seemed like it rattled.
So I contacted Algaefree and asked described the issue with it and asked about buying a new inside piece.
They said they would send me a new inside piece for free. It showed up 3 days later and it works like it was new again.
Can't beat that for CS on a product that old.

Also get on of these to go with it

WORKS WONDERS no joke I am amazed. read the thread you'll see.
and they do fit on the hammerhead
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55742

I didn't have much luck with a mighty mag and dozer pad on my 55g acrylic. It was better than other methods I tried, but was still a losing battle. I ended up upgrading to a bigger tank and went with glass. My tank was turning into a small potholes window due to coralline encircling it. Never again will I buy an acrylic tank. I love acrylic for sumps, though.

try the mighty magnets. they are way more superior than the hammerheads etc, plus they offer floating ones. i have been sold on them and will never go back to the others. these are in my opinion the best out there for the price. i use an F2 on my 1/2" acrylic tank and is great. here is the link

http://www.mightymagnets.com/store.htm

Last edited:
The Algae Free Piranha, Hammerhead, and Tigershark mag cleaners all float.

yes true. but the mighty magnets are all velcor backed for easy felt and pad replacement. plus they are stronger and smaller. Also they are made in oregon. no wood. all plastic encased. they come with a storage case and the pad replacements are cheap.

Back