Harlequin Shrimp

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Tieg

My wife just fell in love...its been doing great for about 2 weeks...although the starfish is showing wear and tear :)

Shrimp1.JPG

Adding another awesome pic:

Shrimp2.JPG

Last edited:
awsome how much did u pay they carry a high price here my lfs owner has only ever caught 1 so the chances of me getting one are very low nice u should buy a blue star there only like 14 bucks and put it in ur sump and cut legs off it for your shrimpy

We paid $40 for him...there was 2 of them...I took the smaller of the lot as we have a smaller tank and the other was sort of not standing up straight and was leaning to the side...although its my understanding that he was bought a day after me and is doing well.

The starfish is a chocolate chip star ($6) and he was placed in the tank whole. Sort of funny to watch as the shrimp carries the starfish, which is well over twice his size, everywhere he goes.

where did you get the shrimp? $40 is about right around here. I use to have one and am on my way to getting another asap......

Matt

Question:

How often should this guy be fed? I see from one of the above replies that a idea is to get a blue star and keep it in a sump and cut off a leg and feed the shrimp...is that viable? The shrimp went through a whole choc chip star in 9 days and is currently on his 2nd(the 2nd pic is the 2nd star).

Mine came from same place as Tieg's. Same price.

Eric at the Shark Reef does not always have the brightly colored ones in stock. They sell pretty fast when he gets them. Call him and he will hold them for you when they come in.

Back