Has anyone mixed a Flasher Wrasse w/ a 6-Line

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

TJL

copod
Hi,

I have 75g mixed reef with lots of open structure that has a new McCoskers 2-1/2" or so, had originally planned on another 6-line to replace the one my (given away) Purple Dottyback took out but the McCoskers was on a even shorter list. Sooo my question is, after some time for it to establish teritory (or not) do you think it would be worth the risk of adding a small 6-line. Other tankmates are a pair of A. ocellaris, Flame Hawk, Bi-color Blenny, Tailspot Blenny, Yellow Tang med, Hepatus Tang sm & 2 Bangai Cardinals very small.

What order and size did you put them together? Are they together in a 40g or another size tank?

Todd

they are in a 180 reef and the 6 line was aded about6months ago and the flasher the other day. no aggression what so ever.

What order and size did you put them together? Are they together in a 40g or another size tank?

Todd

I recently added a 6 line to a 45g frag tank.....thinking he would get picked on by the mystery wrasse that's twice the size. Turns out, small hippo tang is the one picking on the 6 line. It's been a week now....they all seem to be getting along. But when that 6 line gets aggressive, I'm ready to take a few things out to get to him.

Hey thats a great backup plan, if it misbehaves then into the QT/Frag tank it goes to help keep an active bio-load. Problem solved haha except if/when I need to catch it in DT

Todd

Isn't that more dependent upon how much room they have?

Often it is not just the room and refuge, but the species.
Example is dottybacks (pseudochromis family) One per tank, or the stronger will seek out and destroy the weaker in almost all cases. With Wrasses, can have multiples. I have two in my 24g nano, but both are VERY docile types. Six-lines are not always aggressive, but more times than not they out compete other similar sized milder wrasses

Back