Have you seen the Red See Max

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

$799 at Foster's and Smith. Most LFS seem to have them around the $899 range. Actually when you get to down to brass tax, you get quite a bit out of their package. There are a few threads on RC discussing it and mods for the pump, skimmer and lighting etc. I like a cube, with the open top, with 150 HQI pendant over it. Prolly pick up some good deals on Ebay or Craig's list for cubes and parts to get the raw costs down around $400.

Thanks for the comment about our Max.
We sell them for $699 with out stand , they come in white and silver also:eek:
The glass weighs 80 pounds , and it comes with a great lil skimmer, at times it has been the most stable system in our shop:razz:

ROB - ARSA

yeah they are great packaged tanks, especially in comparison to the bio-cube which in my opinion is a half-way attempt. but they do work I guess

My concern is the lid. I have a couple friends with the aquapods and their tanks heat up in the summer with the lids on and there's no way to effectively take the lids off and utilize the lighting. I have not looked at the red sea in detail and maybe it has some cooling fans? As I stated there are threads on other forums with several mods for the RS skimmer, pump, filter etc. I'd research these before I purchase. Might need a chiller in more heat prone regions. JMO.

You could run a chiller on the MAX, it has room for one.They do run on the hotter side just put a small fan next to the top of the tank to cool it down.

Yes this tank had an additional fan mounted in the back that blows across the water surface. I was hoping maybe a little more power out of it but I guess you have to sacrifice noise for more power:D
One thing that really sold me on this tank is the 8mm (5/16") glass, not common to most nano's, also the biggest seller is, this tank is completely glass, entire filtration compartment, all dividers everything. I think I'll have to run the unit as is & not modify anything for some time just to sell how well it does.
Only beef I had was not enough details on the wire-way guide & how the little covers clip into place, I broke one of the little clips because of this.

I've had the Red Sea Max for almost a year now, and I have to say that I'm not satisfied with it. My light isn't on consistenly (probably from too much heat), most of the time only one on my pumps is working, it is really hard to get to anything in the back (the bio bag, fixing the pumps, etc), it was hard to get the wiring all together and those clips are hard. Everything is happy in the tank, and it looks cool and impressive. I'm just unhappy with the quality and the problems that keep poping up (espcially since I'm newer in the hobby).

Back