Hawaiian Islands Rock

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

What a bummer, if i get my tank setup used my biggest investment will be LR. Wanted to cut some corners with baseRock =(

I'm sure if you look around you can get some base rock, I know if you call the marine center out of Dallas they have it at 1.99lb, Most of the time, look at the website to call, calling is the only way you can get a good deal from them.

http://www.themarinecenter.com/

Just though I would wiegh in with my opinion. Live rock is the most esseintial piece of a reef. It sets the aquascape, the look, the feel, it really makes the tank either look like a fruit stand, or a reef with caves and crannies. I think quality, porous, pretty, and open live rock is worth the extra cost. I paid alot for my very large islands of tonga branch. The two islands on the right are each on piece of rock. The one on the left is two pieces tied togther. The bridges are made from one piece and the other from two pieces. Dave wraped them in double layer of bubble wrap, and the stuffed in packing peanuts when they were shipped. I really like this rock.

I agree with what your sayin steve but it would be nice to find a "deal" that looks good an saves on the cash. Thats my point anyways =)

Back