Heart attack or stroke

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BCT182

In a post a day or two ago I mentioned that I had picked up a yellow (gold) head sleeper goby. He was hiding out and I didn't see a peek of him that night. I did see him monday morning and then not again until about ten minutes ago. He went speeding up to the top of my tank and jumped right out, when he landed back in, he floated right to the bottom motionless. Not breathing or anything. What the heck happened? He jumpe dout of the water but came back strait down.
Brett

i have heard of jawfish commitingsuicide like that....trying to jump out, but instead slamming into the glass lid....repeatedly.....sorry about your guy...

I had a coris wrasse do that. I thought the same thing you did. Heart attack or something. I dont know? I think some fish just never just never adapt to the stress of a aquarium, and some fish think its home. You just never can tell. Sorry about your loss Brett. Steve

this happens to be alot with my wrasses. ive lost a few this way 4 to be exact. is there any type of sponge or foam thats flame retarded that you can line the top of the canopy with to soften the blow? assuming he doesnt hit the halides. Or is the fact that I even asked that question just plain flame retarded. i dont know, im tired.

Back