Heater stuck!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dieselbreath

Lost in the salty water
I have a tote with some rock and a few shrooms. Came home tonight to 96' water temp. There has been a circulation pump running the whole time, along with a heater to keep things warm. The question is what is going to happen now to the rock, will it die off and have to recycle, or will it be ok? I had planned to sell or possibly put it in another tank.

Thanks DB

Buy you a Rancho controller & let it control the heaters. This time of year you shouldn't need much heat anyways, the Rancho will turn the heater on an off reliably. You can cool your tank with fans, ice in zip lock bags & be prepared to do lots of frequent water changes, the sooner the better chance of more surviving!

This did not happen in a tank it was in a clear storage tote. The tank that this came out of was taken down in order to sell or at least move (the Tank). WHat will be noticable to tell if the rock is dying? There is a pretty nasty smell from the tote.

DB

My 120 has a ReefKeeper 2 on it to control everything and I truly would not be without out a controller on a setup tank.

DB

Change water until you see improvements, carefully get it down cooler not too sudden but get it down.

WHat will be noticable to tell if the rock is dying? There is a pretty nasty smell from the tote.

Sounds like die off to me. Sorry to hear about the loss of micro life. A few WCs and all will be OK.

Back