Heaters

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

its all about trust :cool:

and just for the record my MH lights heat my water more than my 150W heater. Its only money

Last edited:
Hey if it helps you sleep at night go for it =) All of our power comes from water anyways.

LOL
True!
Actualy I dont sleep well anyways, I have 5 kids one is 10 months old and likes to wake up.. well .. early
I had issues with my heaters acting up so that was the solution I found.
I think the hardest thing to balance was my temp. I couldnt get it to stabilize.

LOL
True!
Actualy I dont sleep well anyways, I have 5 kids one is 10 months old and likes to wake up.. well .. early
I had issues with my heaters acting up so that was the solution I found.
I think the hardest thing to balance was my temp. I couldnt get it to stabilize.
I know that feeling. I am having to start all over trying to get that stabilized because of the move. Here's another laugh for you. Tonight I found out why my TDS was so high and why the water that had gone through my RO unit still had a smell of chlorine....while following the instructions to put together the unit...they failed to mention that the blue tube thingy (yeah, technical term) was the membrane that was supposed to go in. Well, in the old house we would have known where it was, now we are having a devil of a time trying to find it. :eek:( While, fortunately, I have not had any catastrophic events so far, I am now very hesitant to take many more risks.

Oh,well, chalk it up to the stresses of reefkeeping.

Anne

I would think that keeping the heater at full output all the time and letting the chiller do the work would put undue stress on the heater and cause it to fail prematurely. Some day you may wake to a chilly tank.... Also, isn't a 100w heater kind of small for a tank that size? I use a 300W heater for a 75 Gallon with a 150w backup. But I guess being in the great white north where it's colder 60% of the year we need it... Ha ha...

Back