Heathcliff Cartoon anyone remember?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Aquatic Guru

Anyone ever remember watching the Heathcliff Cartoon? I grew up watching that stuff. Waiting for it to come on a DVD series if ever? Who here liked that cartoon?

heathcliff2.jpg

Ahh, the golden years :) Sid & Marty Kroft's shows were one tab away from a bad acid trip.. Sigmund and the Seamonsters, Land of the Lost, HR Pufnstuf. Then you had the hanna barberra clones.. Scooby-Doo, Josie & the Pussycats, Speed Buggy, Jeannie.. and then the action hour.. Space Ghost, Herculoids, and Johnny Quest.

I remember Heathcliff! Johnny Quest was awesome, too. Land of the Lost we liked watching, too, but sometimes it scared me. I liked The Littles, The Smurfs, Top Cat, and the old standards...Tom & Jerry, Scooby-Doo, Bugs Bunny, etc.

If anyone else grew up in Chicago....remember Giggle Snort Hotel on Sunday mornings?? I loved the clay guy, and when the dragon guy had smoke coming out of his nose.

well i grew up watching topogigio and i'm sure no one knows about him .... it was my favorite mouse .

We (USA) had Speedy Gonzales. He was my favorite mouse.

We (USA) had Speedy Gonzales. He was my favorite mouse.

Whe I was in Mexico I always wonder why Speedy alr ways said "andale, andale, arriba arriba"

Now I know:

Hurry=andale
up=arriba

that mouse was not mexican, do not let appearances fool you.:rolleyes:

Usually arriba means upstairs. Gaby, is this a poor translation or is it ok to use as an idom?

I loved Topo Gigio! that was a good show with good moral values! but I can hardly remember any episodes, I just remember his bed time routine.

ahh finally someone who knows what i'm talking about :D, yeah it was such a good show that i remember crying when they stop showing the show :(.
i loved the bed routine and the kiss .... it was soso cute .

We (USA) had Speedy Gonzales. He was my favorite mouse

lol!! that mouse was funny :lol: .

that mouse was not mexican, do not let appearances fool you.

lol!!! it's a mouse wanna be :lol: :p

Ok, I was told by several people that it was upstairs, but they were all Puerto Rican, so that must be it.

I dont believe there is a spanish word for "upstairs", more likely I would say "the 2nd floor" in spanish. But I understand if you say something is arriba, I know what you mean.

el segundo piso

well Puerto Ricans aren't exactly known for their "proper" spanish. :lol:

el segundo piso

well Puerto Ricans aren't exactly known for their "proper" spanish. :lol:

That is the eternal debate, who speaks spanish properly? every side says is them who speaks properly. I would just say it is diferent, the first time I spoke with a PR it was crazy, we could not understand each other very good.

Are you hispanic Meche?

we could not understand each other very good.

very well. :p

No, my step father is Argentine, my grandfather/mother lived in PR for a few years, and my great grandparents spent every summer in Spain untill they started getting too old to go. Id say I have some spanish influences.

Back