hello....again!/nano reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

as1720

Female Hermit crab
(didnt know ware to ut this post feel free to move it as mods see fit. )
well after letting go of the saltwater for a couple months maybe its been a year or two i dunno, my 5 year has been begging for a fish, i forbid saltwater so i started gathering supplies to put together a 46 bow front tank for an african cichlid tank i still dont have that tank set up and im already looking into doing a 15 gal rimless or small cube type reef. i couldnt help it but with my fiance wanting it and offering to pay for it not like im going to say no i wont put it together and take care of it and hel;p him pick out corals ect ect who wouldnt right! as much as i love saltwater and as much as i would love to have a huge reef tank i cant handle the upkeep of a large tank. So i think i will stick with the 46 cichlid and small 10-20 gal nano reef.

yes i have a bad habit of not finishing projects, yes i see im doing it again, but yes i am determined to finish what i start! lol

So far i just have the 46 tank and stand the pln is to finish the cichlid tank and then get started on the nano and do a little bit at a time. im looking for a good place online or in WA even OR to buy cichlid an saltwater stuff again. I have no idea ware to start on the cichlids any one here have any suggestions? as far as the nano goes i know of a couple stores i WILL be in a lot but are there any new places online or localy for shopping and info for that matter. nanos and cichlids are new to me.

the layout of the site has changed since i used it last im not used to this one, what number is it? and ware are you seeing it? im goinmg to give up before i even start! lol

The post # is in the box that lists you user name. It tell the # of posts you have made to date. When I read your post the # was 666. It has now changed to 667.
Dont give up yet, you havent kill any thing, YET lol

ive had a couple jumpers not havent killed anything from poor care or lack of knowladge i was off to a decent start even back then, i should be fine this time around too, and any one over 667 posts has had a bad omen post! lol

I figured out what we will be doing with the reef.

15 gallon rimless going to try and do the whole zero edge or may end up with a center overflow, 5 gallon sump, not sure on lighting but goal is to have sps. im going to do my cichlid tank this week, we might get started on the nano in a week or two or if anything next month at the latest.

Back