Hello All...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jim.crunk

Hello, I just this forum today and it looks to be great!
I have recently set up a 75 gallon with a 20 gal long converted to a sump. Currently I have a very low bio load but hope to start adding some more life soon. Right now I have 5 fish (2 largest are 3 in.) and I have a few super simple corals: kenya tree(dont want anymore, its spreading like crazy), a zoa(small but very vibrant), and gsp that is growing faster than I expected.
My goal is to have a mainly fish tank with simple corals scattered around.

I will have many questions for you guys.

Thanks,
Jim...

Welcome to RF Jim!! :welcome:. Whatever questions you have please feel free to toss them out regardless of how simple you may think they are. If it is a concern, then we'd love to hear and offer whatever info we can. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your setup and good luck with it all! :)

Sorry, no pics yet. I would take some now, but my lights have turned off. I will try to get a couple of shots tomorrow though.

Sorry, no pics yet. I would take some now, but my lights have turned off. I will try to get a couple of shots tomorrow though.

There has to be a button on your lights some were to turn them on. LOL
Welcome to FR. A great bunch here. Lots of good solid advice. And more....

Thanks. Yeah there are buttons, just cant find em in the cabinet.lol...
Didnt get to pics today either. Been working on brand new extremely noisy evolution 1400 power heads. They move alot of water, but cant stand the clunking everytime they switch on from wave maker.

I finally have a couple of pics.

tank72111.jpg

if this doesnt work/ back to the drawing board.

led72111.jpg

Yay! it worked.
1st pic came out bad, its difficult to see the fish. I'll try again later.
2nd pic, I am coming along good with the led build. I tested the first of three strings and they about blinded me. I hope to be able to turn on all 3 strings tonight.
Now that I know how, I will post more pics regularly.

Hey Jim :welcome: aboard Reef Frontiers and great to see yet another DIYer here on the site. I remember when my 75g was primarily Fish and Live Rock, now the corals have overgrown so much that seems there is not enough room for the fish to swim. Fortunately they're getting new digs soon.

Cheers, Todd

Yep, running 3 dimmable drivers on 60 leds, 14 white non-dimmable, and a 24in blue smd strip non-dimmable.
Just finished and tested. they all work perfect.
Cant wait to get em set up on the tank now.

Back